All Discussions Tagged 'feminism' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Atheist Gillian Gillards speech prompts misogyny definition rethink

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-17/misogyny-redefined-after-gillard-speech/4317468 Prime Minister Julia Gillard's speech in Parliament o…

Started by Napoleon Bonaparte

16 Jan 6
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Happy International Women’s Day!

I just got back from running an errand, I was picking up a few things at the local convenience store. When I got to the counter to pay for…

Started by Richard ∑wald

5 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Richard ∑wald

Submission of Women

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z3Ov-2mPYc   The Young Turks' commentary on Michele Bachmann's comment about God mandating that good Christ…

Started by Ava Wilson

56 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by MolotovDerp

How Atheism Can Make the World Better By Tearing Down Religious Irrationality

Makes sense, but I think she assumes too much conformity among atheists, as not all of them are liberal, non-sexist, anti-authoritarian, ac…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jul 6, 2011

Can't Sing

I was teaching a piano lesson to a 19 year old female student.  She's jewish and from what I've gathered they are rather strict.  Today she…

Started by FeminAtheist Mumbo Jumbo

1 May 10, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Nicole

Frustration at the silence and disinterest of my female friends

I find myself endlessly pissed off at my female friends for taking no interest in the treatment of women in Islamic culture. I'm tired of h…

Started by Lindsay Holloway

27 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by paul babcock

What Is Chivalry, And Why Should We Care?

I'm going to apologize in advance-- I'm not nearly as eloquent as many of you. I'm one of your younger, sillier Atheists. I hope though tha…

Started by Jezzy

126 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Park Bierbower

Where do we find, and how do we evaluate, gender-based statistics? Can privilege be defined by data?

Tonight I was thinking about painting the ceiling, but decided to check A|N instead. One of the dominant topics on A|N regards gender and,…

Started by Sentient Biped

51 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Jason Spicer

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service