All Discussions Tagged 'family' (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to cure Christians of their fear of hell

Ok, I have a question for any ex-thologians, current theologians, recently de-converted Christians or anyone else with thoughts on the matt…

Started by Glen Barton

9 Mar 9, 2011
Reply by Regina M

Mommy, don't atheists love America?

An article at Psychology Today:   Mommy, don't we love America?   Discusses families dealing with the Pledge of Allegiance and "under God."

Started by Dave Niose

7 Mar 6, 2011
Reply by Allen Uribes

Replied to a chain email today....

It was this one: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/n/nationaldayofprayer-obama.htm Does everyone else get this crap from credulous fam…

Started by Josh Nankivel

1 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by FreeThinker

Bringing in unknown relative--too pushy?

I have an interesting dilemma with kin-folks. I have a grandson and two nieces that don't know that I exist. I am about to change that beca…

Started by Donald R Barbera

2 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Ken Thompson

Education Halloween Costumes (Jörd)

We are looking at a Thor costume for my son this year and I thought it would be interesting if my husband and I dressed up as Thor's parent…

Started by Michelle

0 Oct 24, 2010

Double Standards

We've had an interesting discussion in our household this morning. We have a fundamentalist Christian relative staying with us for the wee…

Started by Chrys Stevenson

30 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Michelle Malcolm

Catholic Charities loose religious exemption appeal.

Now here's a good news story until California gets it's collective head out of it's arse and rescinds Proposition 8.http://www.bbc.co.uk/ne

Started by Richard Healy

0 Aug 19, 2010

My baby sister

So I came out of Fundie Christianity about 10 years ago with the help of genuine questioning, an atheist boyfriend, and exposure to a large…

Started by Mandie Mc

11 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by Mandie Mc

Lives lived in the name of faith

I've never understood why conservative religious people must have god permeate thier entire life. A cousin of mine just had surgury and eve…

Started by AletheaT

28 Jul 13, 2010
Reply by Reason Triumphs

Theist friendly books

I have been getting a lot of books from my family since I had "the talk" with them. I would like to respond with books of my own but given…

Started by Tom Thompson

20 Feb 18, 2010
Reply by dr kellie

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service