All Discussions Tagged 'election' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How it's done in Ontario, Canada

So my home province of Ontario (the industrial heartland and most populous province in Canada) just had an election yesterday, and the resu…

Started by B Fletcher

2 Jun 13
Reply by Patricia

keep the theocrats out of our government

According to Marie Alena Castle, the reason the religious-right rules our government is because we let them dominate small local elections…

Started by eric stone

2 May 30
Reply by Richard K. Emms

A Conversation on Politics in the Wake of the 2012 Election

The following is a conversation, held at Stanford University on 7 November, 2012.  Its attendees, Steve Schmidt, Simon Jackman, and Tom Ste…

Started by Loren Miller

3 Nov 13, 2012
Reply by Loren Miller

Blog Noir: Are Democrats locking atheists out in advance of 2012?

In order to lock religious votes -- especially Independents, Catholics (including Hispanic votes) and the highly-religious African-American…

Started by Joseph Edwards VIII

5 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Richard K. Emms

The Upcoming Election...

I thought I would get your opinions before I write a blog article on this topic. With a new election looming, if Obama wins again, do you…

Started by Jeremy

49 Nov 20, 2011
Reply by Jonah

FL gov's Rick Scott surely did not want certain early fog of votes emails to be read. C'mon now... money. Cigar co. the whole nine

Really now, I read in 'money section of paper'; of all companies to receive fed simulus money directed by his majesty poltergeist II's look…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Sep 24, 2011

Atheist presidential candidate

Ok, so I need to admit right off the bat that I am the creator of everything I am posting below and yes, I am attempting to spread the word…

Started by Michael Brinkley

8 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Michael Brinkley

Australia's first female atheist ex-Prime Minister

Power’s in balance after rise of the crossbenchers LABOR has been swept away by strong swings in NSW and Queensland, leaving Australia fac…

Started by Фелч Гроган

6 Aug 22, 2010
Reply by Фелч Гроган

The UK Election 2010

So the Brits now have to contend with no party in the Commons having a majority. In Canada we have dealt with this scenario for four years…

Started by Shaun

2 May 7, 2010
Reply by Shaun

Would Charging People Money to Vote Increase Electorial Attendance?

I've had a really hard time trying to convince people to go vote, with limited success. The 2004 electoral turn out was only 36.5% in my ar…

Started by Natalie Bunting

0 Jun 4, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service