All Discussions Tagged 'death' (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Was there a particular event in your life that contributed to you becoming atheist?

I'm new to this site, so I apologize ahead of time if this topic is repetitive. About a month ago, a close family member of mine passed awa…

Started by Kalista Whitney

49 on Friday
Reply by ShroudedAtheist

8-year-old bride dies from internal injuries because of 40-year-old husband_Yemen. !?

http://www.examiner.com/article/8-year-old-bride-dies-from-internal-injuries-because-of-40-year-old-husband well, guess this could go unde…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

10 Jan 10
Reply by Loren Miller

Rick Warren's kid commits suicide.. hey i'm just fwding this.. i have no opinion to be honest; at this juncture...

Church: Pastor Rick Warren's Son Commits... ABC News  - ‎23 minutes ago‎ Share. 0. The Southern California churc…

14 Apr 28, 2013
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Existential Angst

Almost everyone everyone experiences existential angst in some form at sometime in there life. I find it much easier to deal with when I ca…

Started by Maggie

50 Apr 20, 2013
Reply by michele ricketts

Comfort from religion

I was on the bus a week ago and a woman about forty or so started talking to me.  She said it was the anniversary of her husband's death an…

Started by Philip Jarrett

16 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by RonRon

Cult member in custody in Japan... 12 years? later... no wonder China w/anti cult tweet law..

?freedom to be dumb is one thingfreedom to kill civilians.. (engage debate)http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18316592

0 Jun 3, 2012

hot comfort loved ones as an non-theist

I am wondering how others comfort loved ones during tragedy. In the past it was easy to say that I didn't always understand things but that…

Started by Ernie Villapudua Noriega

4 Jun 3, 2012
Reply by Michael OL

The Death of a Loved One

I'm having trouble dealing with the death of my grandfather as an Atheist. To back up a little, I was a serious Christian for my whole life…

Started by Keri

12 Apr 12, 2012
Reply by Richard ∑wald

1st funeral as a non-believer

A childhood friend died this week. car accident, broken neck, life support removed after 2 weeks. he is the husband of my high school best…

Started by Margie

3 Apr 11, 2012
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Would you...?

Consider donating your body to science? Yes? No? Why/why not? A lot of the irreligious here seem to be quite invested in science, and it m…

Started by Anath

45 Apr 11, 2012
Reply by Spitter

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service