All Discussions Tagged 'culture' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Graphic Anti-Abortion DVDs Given to Oklahoma High School Students

SAT Question: The Holocaust is to Hitler as abortion is to ??? That is the question this movie, distributed to students of Wagoner High Sch…

Started by GoddamnLiberal

10 May 29, 2012
Reply by eric stone

“People have come here because they want respect,” ~ Russia. Even Gorbachev's talking now!

http://freeinternetpress.com/story/AntiPutin-Protest-Draws-Largest-Crowd-Since-1991-Gorbachev-Urges-Putin-To-Step-Down-33219.htmlA stage at…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Greydon Square as an Example of Exclusivity

Every so often, I see blog posts crop up asking where all the atheist women are at, or why our presence is so lacking. Aside from the facto…

Started by Cet

44 Sep 17, 2011
Reply by Paxana Parsons

How Atheism Can Make the World Better By Tearing Down Religious Irrationality

Makes sense, but I think she assumes too much conformity among atheists, as not all of them are liberal, non-sexist, anti-authoritarian, ac…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jul 6, 2011

Morality is a Culturally Conditioned Response

Morality is a Culturally Conditioned Response Jesse Prinz argues that the source of our moral inclinations is merely cultural. Suppose you…

Started by A Former Member

3 Mar 23, 2011
Reply by Jedi Wanderer

What Part of Xtian Culture do you Miss the Most?

Deconverts: What part of Christian culture do you miss the most? Is there a worship song or hymn you find yourself humming? Do you ever get…

Started by Christine Vyrnon

29 Feb 16, 2010
Reply by Tom Thompson

Happy Humanlight!

Happy Humanlight, folks! Do you celebrate Humanlight? What do you do for festivities? Here's my plan. (Re-posted from my FaceBook note...…

Started by Shoe

7 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by Little Name Atheist

"Corporatism is about crushing the capacity for moral choice" - Henry A. Giroux

Now this is for all to read indeed. Henry A. Giroux English and Cultural Studies at McMaster University in Canada This commentary was wri…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

3 Sep 6, 2009
Reply by Jared Lardo

Atheists of Unlike Minds

I have tried to support the atheist community since 2002. After taking a couple of years to research the problem, I tried to incorporate so…

Started by Reality Activist

4 Jun 27, 2009
Reply by mthoreau

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service