All Discussions Tagged 'conversion' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Secular Comedy, The Bane of Religion/Superstition

In Australia we had a National Television (ABC) comedy satirical game show entitled: "Good News Week", where the majority of the comedians…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

8 Mar 18, 2013
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Religious siblings & friends

A friend of mine in medical school decided, at 40 years old, to convert to Orthodox Judaism. As a previously nontheistic woman enjoying the…

Started by Maddie

0 Dec 31, 2011

How can Christians get away with it?

I was watching "The Colbert Report" last night and I heard about a program called "Jesus Ween", in Texas.  To celebrate, Christians staying…

Started by Chris Dodds

15 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by Charles Beddoe

Seeds to plant?

It's been a long process.  Nine years, in fact, which, is huge for someone who is only 22!  But I'm ready to come out as an atheist, and am…

Started by Humble Pie

2 Oct 25, 2011
Reply by Humble Pie

Atheist to Christian conversion

I am interested in trying to determine how many atheists have either converted or reconverted to a particular religious belief.  I realize…

Started by LeeLah

3 Sep 19, 2010
Reply by Goz

What does it mean to "convert" to atheism?

How exactly, does one convert to atheism?Is it more of an implicit agnosticism?Is it simply admitting one was wrong?Is "conversion" even th…

Started by david perry

18 Aug 31, 2010

Critical Thinkers?

To late...

Started by Zulu

25 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Audiodef

Theism and the sunk cost fallacy

There are a number of reasons why people remain wedded to their religions. If you're wanting to discuss the virtue of rejecting theism, the…

Started by Peter Brooks

1 Mar 15, 2010
Reply by Stewart Henderson

Drugs, Sex, Sororities, and God

My mother is a pastor. She was watching the Trinit Broadcasting Network and people were talking about their conversion to Christianity. I n…

Started by Sean

7 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by mthoreau

Have you had any good experiences with religous people?

A lot of atheists have had bad experiences with those of religious bent. I have managed to run into a few good ones like when a catholic un…

Started by Fox Anderson

17 Dec 26, 2008
Reply by The Irreverent Mr Black

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service