All Discussions Tagged 'community' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer creates a State FAITH Department!!!!!!!

Arizona's Governor Brewer is known for pushing her conservative religious agendas but this latest move seems unconstitutional - not to ment…

Started by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

12 Sep 8
Reply by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

HOW to combat Churches from saturating Community Group BOARD Positions to gain Majority Votes regarding religious agenda

WARNING: As a new Marketing technique... Churches are strategically-inserting congregation members into Board/Officer positions of many Com…

Started by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

0 Sep 1

Women for Change

Women for a Change The lives of both my grandmothers and my mother were plagued by the prevailing belief and  governmental stance that viol…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 Jul 30
Reply by Joan Denoo

What to do about the passive apologists

I have a few of these at my school who are completely deluded. Ironically they're some of my closest friends but they are just batshit insa…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

32 May 19
Reply by BarbaraSATX

Regarding some blog postings about a week ago (Dispatches..Friendly Atheist)..

Hello all, Just in case you missed them: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2011/12/05/a-friend-needs-help/ and http://www.patheos.com/

Started by Tiffany Ewigleben

0 Dec 9, 2011

SKYNET! Real this time. TheSkyNet.org

theSkyNet is a community computing project dedicated to radio astronomy. Like the old SETI distributed computing project, theSkyNet uses yo…

Started by Stephen Ross

1 Oct 30, 2011
Reply by Jon

Here's how to help atheist acceptance

Our local atheist group wears bright blue t-shirts with "Ask an Atheist" boldly printed front and back while we walk in pairs at events, th…

Started by Judy Saint

5 Oct 19, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

High School Atheist is being discriminated against for getting rid of prayer at graduation

I challenge you all to read the article, register, and comment in support of what is right and legal.

Started by Laron Cheek

9 May 24, 2011
Reply by paul babcock

Why Religion Makes People Happier. What does it mean to us?

livescience.com  "Why Religion Makes People Happier (Hint: Not God)"*Religious people are more satisfied with their lives than nonbelievers…

Started by Sentient Biped

11 Dec 31, 2010
Reply by Sentient Biped

Anyone in Silicon Valley/Active with HCSV?

I know there are a number of AN users who are in the Bay Area, and probably more than a few are in Silicon Valley. Are any of you active wi…

Started by Sarah Walton

0 Dec 11, 2010

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service