All Discussions Tagged 'brain' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

JESUS CAMP 2006

I'm a self made computer guru that has XBMC on my Windows system. It means I can watch pretty much anything I want anytime I want. Today I…

Started by Michael Penn

5 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

Machines Are Getting Better at Reading Minds - The End of Privacy

Machines Are Getting Better at Reading Minds It appears that we are about 5-10 years away from seeing this technology mature to the point…

Started by Richard Lawrence

30 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by Richard Lawrence

A right-brain basis for atheism?

It's considered correct for atheists to insist we have values. But the values I see us testifying to come mostly from past movements and ag…

Started by Shaun Johnston

15 May 11, 2013

What do God and Vespas have in common?

Lady-killin' head gear! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCVzz96zKA0 Quick! Somebody get me a shit load of refrigerator magnets, some duct t…

Started by Todd Draper

0 Jun 8, 2010

[Video] Ramachandran on beliefs of split brain individuals

Neurologist VS Ramachandran explains the case of split-brain patients with one hemisphere without a belief in a god, and the other with a b…

Started by Tom Thompson

0 Jun 3, 2010

Your brain on faith... shutting dowwwwwwwwnnnnnnn.

Brain shuts off in response to healer's prayer http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20627574.200-brain-shuts-off-in-response-to-healers-pr

Started by Johnsky

1 May 3, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Nicole

Hidden message in the Michaelangelo's "Creation of Adam"?

Notice the background on which God and the angels rest looks suspiciously like the outline of the human brain? Was Michaelangelo sending…

Started by FreeThinker

7 Jan 14, 2010
Reply by George

Non-dualistic explanation of how "sacred texts" are generated by very human brains

I apologize if a discussion of this is buried inside one of the other discussions here. I see a lot of discussion on the contradictions an…

Started by Jim Mo.

2 Oct 21, 2009
Reply by Timo Ostrander

Mental computations and trains

This thread is born from a remark Jaybarti made in a recent discussion: If you took the complete timeline of life on earth and put it to a…

Started by Jaume

6 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by Jaume

Psychosis? (In reference to extreme piety)

Wikipedia: Psychosis Do you think that this is going to far, or does it have some plausibility to it? :/ I'm not sure, myself. Tell me yo…

Started by chironex

18 Mar 22, 2009
Reply by FreeThinker

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service