All Discussions Tagged 'Science' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Christian Science vs. Atheist Science: which has contributed most to the "greater good" of society?

I think this question pretty much explains itself. I ask it though because of a conversation I had some weeks ago with a young lady coworke…

Started by David Maxwell

16 Jun 22
Reply by Raj

To understand how Western science works...

This morning I read an article one of my friends on Facebook had forwarded to me. At first I thought the young lady who wrote it was trying…

Started by David Maxwell

19 Jun 2
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Is "Heaven is for Real" the Worst Con Job Ever Perpetrated on a Movie Audience?

The basic premise follows the ideas laid down in the 1970s by people like Kubler-Ross claiming that there is proof of an afterlife in the a…

Started by James M. Martin

16 May 21
Reply by James M. Martin

A pipe dream or possibly the plot for an interesting science fiction novel.

I’m not trying to say this is possible, or even probable, but I think it is an interesting idea. I’d be interested in hearing what you migh…

Started by David Maxwell

4 May 1
Reply by Luara

Creationists Demand Equal Time on Cosmos Series

In a report from the Huffington Post, dated 3/22/2014, it is reported that Creationists are demanding equal time on the Fox series "Cosmos"…

Started by Anthony Jordan

43 Mar 28
Reply by Dr. Terence Meaden

Divine placebo

I propose to review potential placebo effects of religion and how these may explain why religious beliefs and practices are so common acros…

Started by Patrik Lindenfors

0 Mar 14

Weeding out the Chaff

Let us do some weeding out here. Please, everyone who reads this, speak up and be honest. Three questions (1). Who here believes that the U…

Started by Anthony Jordan

42 Feb 9
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Please support this crowdfunding project: Divine Placebo

Summary (Click here to access the funding campaign):I propose to review potential placebo effects of religion and how these may explain why…

Started by Patrik Lindenfors

0 Feb 4

The World Clock

With reference to the information in the World clock, what are the short term and long term consequences for the planet and our species w…

Started by Napoleon Bonaparte

2 Dec 9, 2013
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Darwin: 1, Creationism (a.k.a. Intelligent Design): 0

One might have thought that the advocates of creationism, relabeled intelligent design, would have retreated after the landmark decision in…

Started by James M. Martin

19 Nov 25, 2013
Reply by Idaho Spud

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service