All Discussions Tagged 'Christmas' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A discussion for people who grew up in violent homes: What do you do about December 25th?

Because I didn't want rain to fall on others' parades, I waited until December 26th to start this discussion. The short story: I try to ign…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

7 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

War on Christmas?

Outside of celebrating family and friendship, which can and should be practiced spontaneously throughout the year anyway, I hate this time…

Started by Left of Larry

3 Nov 25, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner prayer time with the in-laws

Newbie to this group. So many discussion posts to make. Here’s my first. I’m married. My wife is a Christian (as was my 1st wife). We each…

Started by Ray Bracht

10 Oct 14, 2013
Reply by booklover

12 Days of Christmas

From comedian Patton Oswalt on Twitter:   The first 7 days are birds & some jewelry. Days 8 through 12 the person is clearly receiving…

Started by FreeThinker

1 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Minda Slade

Atheists who like Christmas

I'm an atheist who enjoys the family togetherness, and home cooked meals associated with Christmas. I don't have to worship the baby Jesus…

Started by Evilgenius20

3 Dec 27, 2011
Reply by The Everyday Atheist

A little joke for Christmas

Mary announces to Joseph that she is pregnant. And Joseph, of course, knows that they have not had "relations." Joseph: You're pregnant! My…

Started by Richard

2 Dec 17, 2011
Reply by Richard

The History of Christmas in America

As Christmas approaches and the annual "War on Christmas" revs up here in America, I thought it would be appropriate to look at the history…

Started by FreeThinker

0 Nov 25, 2011

From Whence Santa Comes.

Taken from Russell Blackford's Blog: Metamagician and The Hellfire Club.   Downloadable pdf of a paper by David Kyle Johnson mixing schol…

Started by Richard Healy

0 Dec 28, 2010

War on Christianity/Christmas

Are we, as atheists, waging a war on Christianity or Christmas? I did not think so, but apparently I am wrong. Am I? Is there a battle I ha…

Started by David Rosman

0 Dec 27, 2010

Star of Bethlehem a Comet? And other Christmas Stories

Last week's Science Friday program featured an interview with history professor Howard Markel titled Science Diction: The Origin Of The Wor…

Started by George

0 Dec 24, 2010

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service