All Discussions Tagged 'Christianity' (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Racing Toward The Apocalypse

You know the old saying: "If the mountain won't come to Mohammed, then Mohammed will go to the mountain". I think that's what the far right…

Started by Anthony Jordan

3 Jun 24
Reply by Amanda Ashcraft

Circumcision and genital mutilation: let's discuss.

I think one of the things that we far too often overlook in this country is that fact that genital mutilation of newborn boys is common pra…

Started by Eric R.

573 May 5
Reply by Neil Clark Reinhardt

"Noah" Versus Kitschy Jesus Pix: What Movie Did Justice to the Christian Myth

This discussion is in the "Philosophy" category because I often write within the aesthetic aspect of that general area. I also believe aest…

Started by James M. Martin

0 Apr 5

Do you hold your tongue in public when faced with the very thing you despise; ignorance and stupidity?

As I traversed the streets of downtown Dallas, I witnessed the very thing I only see in nightmares. A woman stood in the corner of the stre…

Started by Arithel

13 Nov 12, 2013
Reply by booklover

Prominent Female Christian Personalities

Dear all,   Can you think of any prominent female Christian personalities who have spoken out about Christianity's role in politics, especi…

Started by Jake Farr-Wharton

15 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

Responding to Believers' "Difficult" Questions About Atheism

Hello. I noticed this article by a British doctor asking Atheists "Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer." I always enjoy a challeng…

Started by John "Jack" Kolinski

107 May 9, 2013
Reply by Mathew T.

Determinism VS Predictability

I've just finished Sam Harris' Free Will.  It isn't exactly a book, rather an extended essay.  I'm also reading The Illusion of Conscious W…

Started by Philip Jarrett

55 Apr 27, 2013
Reply by Trick

A Family Quandary: Should I speak up or stay silent?

Hey fellow nontheists, First an apology for being so inactive these past several month. I've been participating in a lot of nontheist comm…

Started by Nate Wynd

3 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Greg

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

I believe that one of the most pernicious teachings of the New Testament is the one about the unforgivable sin of blaspheming the Holy Spir…

Started by Dana Garrett

0 Jul 17, 2012

How does one go from atheism to religion?

Here is a story on CNN today, "Prominent atheist blogger converts to Catholicism" So, how does one go from reason and rationality to supers…

Started by Sassan K.

12 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by bobh

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service