All Discussions Tagged 'Bible' (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A note on sources/The Bible as historical document

I suppose this is tangiential to the many 'Jesus Myth Theory' discussions that have popped up recently, but for me it is central.Most relig…

Started by Sigmund

42 Jul 6, 2010
Reply by Matt VDB

LADIES, TAKE YOUR TROUSERS OFF!

Ok, now that I've got your attention...I've been thinking about ways in which the Bible reflects outdated moral codes - this is somewhat pe…

Started by Sigmund

15 Mar 7, 2010
Reply by TNT666

Please contribute: what are the most objectionable/obviously outdated bits of the Bible?

As a lifelong atheist (I was lucky to have agnostic parents), my knowledge of the Bible is sketchy to say the least.I'm collecting some pos…

Started by Sigmund

38 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by JstN Earthling

That was funny

I was in the car today on the way back from my aunts home in Riverside *I can't drive BTW* and I noticed this guy on the side of the road w…

Started by Alex Tyler

2 Jan 4, 2010
Reply by Alex Tyler

The true almighty one...

If you have ever played Super Smash Brothers and used him... you know Captain Falcon rules and he does smite "FALCON PUNCH!" all who oppose…

Started by Alex Tyler

2 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Alex Tyler

Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus

Well, I just got back from a presentation by Mike Licona, who feels that he can prove, through methods acceptable by historians, that Jesus…

Started by Kaimana

14 Sep 26, 2009
Reply by Ben

The Holy Book Above all Holy Books

You Atheist are lost in the dark, you can not truly be free of your darkness until you have read this wonderful holy book, and it will answ…

Started by Shane Smith

11 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Shane Smith

scientific evidence for the Biblical flood

I saw a very interesting program on the History Channel recently. There is evidence from geology (mud cores) and sonar that the Black Sea w…

Started by Richard

16 Aug 25, 2009
Reply by Jo Jerome

From the Hypocrisy-is-as-American-as-the-Fourth-of-July Department...

Most Scandalous Bible Study Apparently they got to the lesson on fidelity a little too late. A Congressional Bible study group called C St…

Started by James M. Martin

0 Jun 26, 2009

If Dr. Suess wrote the Bible...

This is a sketch from The Kids In The Hall. Apparently, it was only aired once. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgILxqN_jxE

Started by FreeThinker

3 Apr 14, 2009
Reply by deepthought42

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service