All Discussions Tagged '' (11,917)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Running over the family dog

From the book Why I Believed: Reflections of a Former Missionary : A Christian friend of mine, who I'll call John, recounted how, shortly b…

Started by Luara

7 on Monday
Reply by Michael Penn

hurting your son

You have probably heard of sexual assault against children. There are various behaviors some people might do to their kids - rape or interc…

Started by Michael Pianko

31 on Sunday
Reply by Michael Pianko

Isolation and Depression

I did a forum search and was surprised to not find any recent threads touching on this topic. I am new to this site, and a big part of what…

Started by Ryan Sikorski

27 on Sunday
Reply by Michael Penn

The born-again MIL battle continues

After her failed attempts during our last visit to drag us to church with most of the rest of the family (FIL didn't go), my mother-in-law…

Started by Christine

34 on Sunday
Reply by damian

Meet Brother Richard

You might be interested in this interview with the A/N admin, Brother Richard - talking about his history with religion and trying to creat…

Started by Luara

50 Aug 15
Reply by Jonathan Tweet

Laura Ingraham Thinks Her Big Gold Cross Will Keep Will Away

Each time she goes on TV, Laura Ingraham wears a big gold cross just above her peccaries and close enough to the cleavage she must think al…

Started by James M. Martin

33 Aug 14
Reply by James M. Martin

Free Will [Sam Harris]

I know this has been discussed before, but I have read Sam Harris' book Free Will and Michael Shermer's book The Believing Brain, and I mus…

Started by Anthony Jordan

358 Aug 14
Reply by prem prakash pandey

As An Atheist Can Your Life Have Purpose and Meaning?

I was wondering what other people thought about this. I realize we weren't born with a purpose. No creator or "higher calling". But as a…

Started by Steph S.

779 Aug 14
Reply by prem prakash pandey

What if human beings never had gods

I was watching the news the other day, about the ongoing war and terror in the middle east, which of course at its core is about religion,…

Started by TC

18 Aug 13
Reply by TC

Housman poem

I came across this poem which I had forgotten. It's very relevant to atheism. The Laws of God, The Laws of Man by A. E. Housman (1859-1936…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

10 Aug 12
Reply by k.h. ky

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service