All Discussions Tagged '' (12,110)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is consciousness nothing more than a veneer of our biological underpinnings?

I’ve long wondered this question, albeit only from various smaller fragments when I was much, much younger, but I’ve never been able to pre…

Started by Just a Voice

7 Oct 24
Reply by Ted Foureagles

Bart Ehrman on Monty Python's "Life of Brian" and Jesus

Monty Python's "Life of Brian" makes a lot of amazingly accurate statements about what Palestine was like at the time of Jesus. Some are th…

Started by Luara

7 Oct 24
Reply by Luara

BRUTALLY HONEST: A couple of recent musings from David 2

Been a bit slack lately on posting these - my apologies on that - so here's a twin-bill of my buddy David 2's BRUTALLY HONEST commentaries.…

Started by Brent Feeney

0 Oct 23

And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members

The whole article: http://rt.com/usa/195940-pastor-vasectomy-abortion-abuse/ The highlights: Former members of Grace Cathedral in Cuyahoga…

Started by Bertold Brautigan

17 Oct 23
Reply by Daniel W (Sentient Biped)

When is it wrong to forgive?

It really sucks when someone you really have faith in, continuously dupes you. :( It is as though such a person takes you for a fool. If su…

Started by Deidre

117 Oct 22
Reply by Deidre

Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?

I am semi in the closet. I do have to admit that I am not comfortable discussing my views with just anyone. I am the type that wants everyo…

Started by Atheist Andrea

453 Oct 22
Reply by Freethinker31

pro-gay Bible verse

Matthew 15:11 "What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." <g&g…

Started by Luara

27 Oct 22
Reply by chares martel

Hitchens And Williams in Hell - Theists In A Fog

Everywhere I go on the Internet these days I’m finding bad remarks about Christopher Hitchens and Robin Williams. It seems they are bot…

Started by Michael Penn

31 Oct 22
Reply by Michael Penn

deleted discussion

Started by eric stone

6 Oct 22
Reply by Grinning Cat

The Good News Club: R. Elisabeth Cornwell interviews Katherine Stewart

"The Christian Right's Stealth Assault on America's Children. The Good News Club turned up at her children's elementary school in Santa B…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Oct 22
Reply by eric stone

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Amanda Ashcraft posted a status
"Finally finished my move! And I managed to scrounge out two blog postings this month. Miraculous! My newest is here: http://j.mp/1vmSb3Y"
27 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
32 minutes ago
Grinning Cat liked sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something
36 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
39 minutes ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
44 minutes ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
47 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Feminism
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to Luara's discussion A naked rambler
1 hour ago
sk8eycat replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
1 hour ago
sk8eycat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service