All Discussions Tagged '' (11,853)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Free Will [Sam Harris]

I know this has been discussed before, but I have read Sam Harris' book Free Will and Michael Shermer's book The Believing Brain, and I mus…

Started by Anthony Jordan

331 19 minutes ago
Reply by Trick

The cost of masculine crime

The cost of masculine crime "Men are, by a huge margin, the sex responsible for violent, sexual and other serious crime. The economic cost…

Started by Joan Denoo

20 27 minutes ago
Reply by Čenek Sekavec

Edward Snowden

I just watched an interview with Brian Williams and Edward Snowden. Is Snowden a hero or villain? I'm curious about what others on atheist…

Started by k.h. ky

61 27 minutes ago
Reply by Michael Penn

BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets

This supposed to be a capitalist/free market society in the good ol' USofA, right? In theory, yes, but there are some dirty little secrets…

Started by Brent Feeney

13 44 minutes ago
Reply by Michael Penn

More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?

Just wondering....   more than 30,000 members.  At most, I am guessing 20 or 30 or so post discussions or get involved in discussion.  Not…

Started by Sentient Biped

13 59 minutes ago
Reply by Patricia

Inspirational Posters from a 70's Hell

I like reading the Scarfolk Council website.  Not wanting to fake anyone out, Scarfolk is "Scarfolk is a town in North West England that di…

Started by Sentient Biped

2 5 hours ago
Reply by Pat

BBC article - Study: Religious children are less able to distinguish fantasy from reality http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-28537149

This study from Boston University goes into the impact of religion and thinking later on in life. The defence for the "imaginative" nature…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

1 6 hours ago
Reply by Michael Penn

Cannabis composition determines effects on the brain.

Cannabis composition determines effects on the brain. "Cannabis with high cannabidiol levels will make a more appealing option for anti-pai…

Started by Joan Denoo

10 7 hours ago
Reply by Luara

Mysterious Spiral Light over Oaxaca in Mexico 2014

Mysterious Spiral Light over Oaxaca in Mexico 2014 Looks like a good case of Photoshop to me. 

Started by Joan Denoo

1 8 hours ago
Reply by Michael Penn

And That Isn't Even Including Seven Pairs of Every Known Dinosaur!

Started by James M. Martin

1 8 hours ago
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service