Philosophy (301)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Neo-Epicurean Life Hacks

According to Wikipedia.org, "Life hacking refers to any trick, shortcut, skill, or novelty method that increases productivity and efficien…

Started by Mequa

53 Nov 13
Reply by Deidre

Beheadings.

I stayed away from watching any of the ISIS videos.  A few years ago when Nicholas Berg was murdered I allowed myself to watch and the nigh…

Started by Daniel W

14 Nov 7
Reply by Luara

God: A Spiritual Lottery

In times of hardship, I am often told to pray. This made no sense to me, but I think I understand how to explain it. The "miracles" that p…

Started by Alexander Baldwin-McCurdy

5 Oct 28
Reply by Alexander Baldwin-McCurdy

Is consciousness nothing more than a veneer of our biological underpinnings?

I’ve long wondered this question, albeit only from various smaller fragments when I was much, much younger, but I’ve never been able to pre…

Started by Just a Voice

7 Oct 24
Reply by Ted Foureagles

Fundamentalist Epicureanism is now a thing

Six months ago, I created the Facebook group "Epicurean Philosophy" as a replacement for an older group, intended for critical and intellig…

Started by Mequa

15 Oct 12
Reply by Mequa

Neoepicurean Philosophy - new Facebook group

For anyone interested, a new group on Neoepicurean Philosophy has been created on Facebook. Group description: "The term “Neoepicurean Phil…

Started by Mequa

0 Sep 29

My gravesite inscription

“I was not. I have been, I am not. I am so grateful to have participated in life!” A beloved cousin died yesterday and we, at a Johnson/Smi…

Started by Joan Denoo

63 Sep 26
Reply by Joan Denoo

As An Atheist Can Your Life Have Purpose and Meaning?

I was wondering what other people thought about this. I realize we weren't born with a purpose. No creator or "higher calling". But as a…

Started by Steph S.

783 Sep 13
Reply by Mark Panko

Free Will [Sam Harris]

I know this has been discussed before, but I have read Sam Harris' book Free Will and Michael Shermer's book The Believing Brain, and I mus…

Started by Anthony Jordan

358 Aug 14
Reply by prem prakash pandey

Is "Philosophy of Life" Really a Tautology?

As a freshman, I had to apply in person to the dean of philosophy at the liberal arts college where I took my bachelor's degree: the subjec…

Started by James M. Martin

14 Aug 10
Reply by Luara

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service