Water Cooler (2,232)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

One view of what's going on in suburban St. Louis

What's been going on the last several days in the northern St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, MO - I live in deep south STL city, if that helps…

Started by Brent Feeney

31 Aug 24
Reply by Sentient Biped

The rights of private buisnesses

The AFA mailing list emails are usually infuriating and insulting, but I do like to know what's going on at the "dark side." To be open-min…

Started by Christine

3 Aug 24
Reply by Christine

BRUTALLY HONEST: The Juntas Next Door

We've all been captivated - and horrified - by what's going on in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, MO (for those from out of the area, Fer…

Started by Brent Feeney

6 Aug 19
Reply by k.h. ky

Laura Ingraham Thinks Her Big Gold Cross Will Keep Will Away

Each time she goes on TV, Laura Ingraham wears a big gold cross just above her peccaries and close enough to the cleavage she must think al…

Started by James M. Martin

33 Aug 14
Reply by James M. Martin

Housman poem

I came across this poem which I had forgotten. It's very relevant to atheism. The Laws of God, The Laws of Man by A. E. Housman (1859-1936…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

10 Aug 12
Reply by k.h. ky

The Pentecostal Nespaper Man #1 Gun Control

There is a knock on my door Saturday and I find a man there giving out samples of the St. Louis Post Dispatch and trying to sign me up f…

Started by Michael Penn

10 Aug 11
Reply by John Aultman

BRUTALLY HONEST: Some Selected Thoughts

My buddy David 2, on the radio version of BRUTALLY HONEST, opened up with a series of comments he called Quick Rants. Sometimes there's a l…

Started by Brent Feeney

0 Aug 11

The DFT Secular Perspective Gallery is now live!

As you may know, after the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision it emerged that the family behind the company plans to build a biblical mus…

Started by Kevin McLeod

1 Aug 10
Reply by sflmac

Panacea society - Stephen Fry and QI - where would JC live if he came back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64EZHJhqcQ Some of the fundies in the UK have a more gentle approach to things. Watch this clip from the e…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

3 Aug 9
Reply by Michael Penn

"Atheism for Dummies" is not for dummies!

Few of us will finish Dale McGowan's Atheism for Dummies without having learned important advantages of non-belief. Some of us will have ha…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

0 Aug 7

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service