Atheist Nexus Logo

Water Cooler (2,292)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Did You, When You Were Young, Read Books of Quotations (such as Bartlett's)?

I ask that because I see so many posters, myself included, who in their posts use famous quotations by famous people. I read such books ass…

Started by tom sarbeck

7 Feb 18
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

BRUTALLY HONEST: #CrusaderWager Is A Sucker's Bet

As most of you who have regularly read my buddy David 2's weekly BRUTALLY HONEST commentaries knows, David lives in the Atlanta area. Seems…

Started by Brent Feeney

2 Feb 17
Reply by Michael Penn

BRUTALLYHONEST: It's Really Not About Islamphobia

Seems like whenever someone gets killed or maimed or something these days, it's always Islam's fault. That's the default position of those…

Started by Brent Feeney

8 Feb 16
Reply by sk8eycat

Australia's Oldest Man Knits Sweaters for Penguins

time.com This has nothing to do with atheism.  It has a lot to do with living in the moment, enjoying live, being kind to other creatures,…

Started by Daniel W

2 Feb 12
Reply by Patricia

Three Muslim students are murdered and………..

The article has changed content, but earlier today (Feb 11) the story by the yahoos at yahoo.com informed us that the killer of the three…

Started by Asa Watcher

11 Feb 11
Reply by Daniel W

The Pledge of Allegiance

This time I am in argument with my mother over "under god" being in the pledge and how we are disrespectful to our country for not saying i…

Started by Atheist Andrea

61 Feb 10
Reply by Freethinker31

Assisted Suicide

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/1281374/supreme-court-strikes-down-assisted-suicide-ban-in-unanimous-decision/

Started by Patricia

25 Feb 10
Reply by Asa Watcher

Trailer Trash

This term was used in a discussion about a different topic, and I wanted to give it an airing of its own.  You see, my first online handle…

Started by Ted Foureagles

22 Feb 10
Reply by Plinius

Making Automotive Soylent Green

I would have loved to see my Ford Tempo go through this.  It wouldn't even go uphill, except in reverse.   After that, I never bought anoth…

Started by Daniel W

23 Feb 9
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

The Devil's Biggest Lie

Throughout my church lifetime I had been repeatedly told about the Devil. Satan, or Lucifer if you will, but some of the scriptures abou…

Started by Michael Penn

15 Feb 9
Reply by Plinius

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service