Water Cooler (2,143)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"I Think / Therefore ...." WHAT?

I've been listening to a Teaching Company course titled Tools of Thinking. One of its lectures concerns Rene Descartes, who in his time was…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Mar 1
Reply by Acciaccatura G Major

MY AMAZING DOCTOR

Yesterday was that time again. I had to see my doctor and renew prescriptions, talk about issues, and be checked again for problems. All…

Started by Michael Penn

3 Feb 27
Reply by Reg MM

A book for Christian doglovers

Believe it or not the book really exists. It is serious and not a parody. Dogs are apparently God's way of teaching us about discipleship—…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

21 Feb 27
Reply by Michael Penn

What kind of smoke alarms do you have? (Daily Kos)

I get an email of links to mostly political pieces from the Daily Kos every day, and that's how I became aware of the following.  Personall…

Started by Loren Miller

4 Feb 26
Reply by Loren Miller

What evidence would you require to believe in a higher power?

It always has bewildered me being in a scientific field that there are so many religious scientists. I had one pose a question to me the ot…

Started by OhCaptainMyCaptain

113 Feb 23
Reply by Richard C Brown

True Detective

anybody else watching? it's awesome and has a smart atheist as a lead character.

Started by Alex

18 Feb 22
Reply by damian

Thinkers Anonymous

Right off the top - I did not write this, and I honestly do not know who did.  I stumbled onto it this morning on the hard drive of my lapt…

Started by Loren Miller

10 Feb 16
Reply by Greg

Quotation question

I was not quite sure where to post this, so "Water Cooler" won. I hate arguing with xtians and try not to most of the time. I mean, it's ha…

Started by Larry Taylor

7 Feb 16
Reply by Anthony Jordan

Crazy video of two Russians climbing the world's 2nd tallest building

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U Those two are either the bravest or the dumbest guys I have ever seen.  Can't decide 

Started by Alex

1 Feb 16
Reply by Sentient Biped

Happy Lupercalia's Day!

To all on Nexus!   History.com might not be the most reliable source....  On their website, they state Valentine's day had origins in the…

Started by Sentient Biped

9 Feb 15
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service