Water Cooler (2,285)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

12 Year Old Boy Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cleveland-police-shooting-boy-with-fake-gun-dies-after-being-shot-by-ohio-officer-9878700.…

Started by Deidre

44 Nov 27
Reply by Deidre

The Devil's Biggest Lie

Throughout my church lifetime I had been repeatedly told about the Devil. Satan, or Lucifer if you will, but some of the scriptures abou…

Started by Michael Penn

12 Nov 27
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Officer Who Shot Brown in Ferguson Might Not Be Playing With Full Deck, Saying He Was Assaulted by "Demon"

Here is what Darren Wilson, the Ferguson policeman who shot Michael Brown, had to say about his confrontation with the convenience store sh…

Started by James M. Martin

18 Nov 27
Reply by James M. Martin

On being alone with yourself:

This is something that’s always been central to my being – my way of internally balancing. By the time that I was about ten years old I was…

Started by Ted Foureagles

21 Nov 27
Reply by Ted Foureagles

People Generally Don't Like Whistle Blowers

Are Atheists just a bunch of whistle blowers. Maybe that is why they can sometimes be so unpopular. Here I got the headline when ruminating…

Started by Russell Pangborn

34 Nov 26
Reply by Russell Pangborn

Secular-ish holiday songs?

I'm going to be singing at a Christmas party - a work party, basically.  My boss thinks I have a good voice so I got roped into performing…

Started by Kacie Tsao

10 Nov 23
Reply by Jerry Wesner

Liberia and Sierra Leone exodus soon?

image source A German virologist  and Ebola expert claims that it's too late to reign in Ebola in Liberia and Sierra Leone, that everyone w…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

28 Nov 23
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Christian Propaganda Co-opting Popular Culture

This was on Hemant Mehta's Friendly Atheist website. Around here, there are zillions of cars with window stickers showing the little Ca…

Started by Daniel W

7 Nov 22
Reply by Michael Penn

Old fashioned ''sexting?''

So, earlier...I was in search of information on a particular topic of interest ...and ran across this article. lol Looks like an old fashio…

Started by Deidre

4 Nov 22
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Texas Freedom Network Touts Keeping Climate Denial in National Textbooks But Loses Out in Church-State Separation Arguments

In touting modest successes in keeping ignorance, myth, superstition and prejudice out of the nationally-distributed school books judged fi…

Started by James M. Martin

1 Nov 21
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service