Water Cooler (2,244)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Parents and Children

What is the ideal relationship between parents and children? This relationship should be more severe, parents imposing their terms automati…

Started by Green Juice

4 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Michelle

His Dark Materials

Has anyone read His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman? The epic trilogy includes The Golden Compass (Northern Lights), The Subtle Knife, an…

Started by Leslee Love

18 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Leslee Love

God 4 Nursing Students

Taken from my nursing student orientation manual: "Humans continuously interact with their environments in an attempt to maintain their bio…

Started by Andrew Mylko

11 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by unholyroller

GED through Christian organisation? Does not compute.

I'm trying to make heads or tales of this: Being on the look-out for work and all, I noticed that ad... they'd sure want to get their han…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Sep 21, 2009

Wedding Ceremony/Vows HELP!

I'm getting married in October and the chapel has it's own officient. They sent me what he says typically and even the "generic" one is ful…

Started by Laura Largent

6 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Brooke

Blasphemy Day International coming up on 9/30/2009

My local CFI group is planning to celebrate this day with picnic on the 20th. Since the 30th is the day after my B'day, I'll be celebrating…

Started by SecularHumanBN

2 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Music has lost it's meaning. Pity the rebel. - by Leonard Pitts Jr.

Sparked by I'm guessing Kanye West's usual: A few days after the MTV show, I got an e-mail from my friend, Grayson Hugh, who is the greate…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Sep 21, 2009

Does humanity have a collective destiny?

NOTE: This post was revised and corrected from its original form on 2009.09.17. PART I Lately I have been watching a lot of documentaries…

Started by A Former Member

86 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Do people stop maturing emotionally sometime around age 18?

Ever since I turned 20 I've suddenly started looking at anyone under the age of 19 as a kid. Yet sometimes it seems like most people stop g…

Started by OutlawGirl

17 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by Jaume

Mental computations and trains

This thread is born from a remark Jaybarti made in a recent discussion: If you took the complete timeline of life on earth and put it to a…

Started by Jaume

6 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by Jaume

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service