Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,013)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Year without God

You might enjoy this blog: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/yearwithoutgod It's by a pastor who is "trying on atheism" for a year. He isn't doi…

Started by Luara

11 Sep 9, 2014
Reply by Luara

An Early Escape Hatch from Christianity

One of the great pillars of support in my exodus from religious belief back in the day was poet and graphic artist William Blake, 1757 - 18…

Started by Bertold Brautigan

0 Sep 9, 2014

if/when we ever get a Republican POTUS

i'm not so sure it will ever happen again.  barring a dramatic change in either the Republican party itself or the electorate, they may be…

Started by matthew greenberg

21 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by tom sarbeck

Does Victoria Gekko Look Like Anyone Who Could Pass Through the Eye of a Needle?

Started by James M. Martin

31 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by Joan Denoo

A study found an inverse correlation between religiosity and scientific innovation - surprise!

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/09/religion-quashes-innovation-patents  

4 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by Plinius

An Interesting Account of a Former High-level Christian Activist Who Had a "Crisis of Faith"

The Chains of Dominion Elaine White was once in the inner circle of political power in the second-largest state in the nation. Then a crisi…

10 Sep 3, 2014
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Interesting Article - 5 Reasons to Suspect Jesus Never Existed

I've never spent any time reading the bible (As a somewhat arrogant young person, I preferred non-fiction.) and I'm not all that interested…

9 Sep 3, 2014
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

All of the christian religion in one tweet

Started by Daniel W

11 Sep 3, 2014
Reply by Joan Denoo

Mars Hill Church

I don't get why people adore Mark Driscoll, "pastor" of Mars Hill Church. He's changed the church charter so that all power rests with him.…

Started by ShroudedAtheist

2 Sep 2, 2014
Reply by Christine

The Answer to Problems in Iraq? (I don't think so!)

Here's the text of an e-mail I just had forwarded. Just a few minutes ago I received the following text message on my phone from Sean Malon…

10 Aug 30, 2014
Reply by Daniel W

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service