Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (1,989)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Running over the family dog

From the book Why I Believed: Reflections of a Former Missionary : A Christian friend of mine, who I'll call John, recounted how, shortly b…

Started by Luara

7 Aug 17
Reply by Michael Penn

What if human beings never had gods

I was watching the news the other day, about the ongoing war and terror in the middle east, which of course at its core is about religion,…

Started by TC

18 Aug 13
Reply by TC

Winnepeg Theatre Festival Presents "Lies of a Promiscuous Woman," Depicting Mary as a Tart Who Got Pregnant and Made up Angel Story to Avoid Stoning

Started by James M. Martin

13 Aug 6
Reply by James M. Martin

free Bibles of Congress to help in decision making

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/steven-palazzo-sends-bibles-to-every-hill-office so this Constitution loving Republican apparently forgot…

Started by matthew greenberg

3 Aug 6
Reply by matthew greenberg

Devil's Knot

Just happened to see this film about the West Memphis 3, teenage boys convicted in 1993 of murdering three 8-year-old boys.  I had heard of…

Started by Craigart14

2 Aug 5
Reply by Michael Penn

Catholic Archbishops' American Palaces

nice cnn.com article Catholic archbishops are not alone in clergy living like emperors, but I bet they are really pissed off about the cnn…

Started by Daniel W

10 Aug 4
Reply by Gene Sokolowski

Faith and Reason article in NYTimes

This morning's NYTimes carries an article by anthropologist T. M. Luhrman on the line between faith and reason—and figuring out just where…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

12 Jul 28
Reply by Craigart14

John Gielgud Once Played Every Role in a Movie Version of Shakespeare's "The Tempest," But This is Something Else Again

Started by James M. Martin

6 Jul 27
Reply by jay H

What exactly is "sin" anyway??

Today at work, got a teeny bit of intellectual discourse (shop talk doesn't count!) with my born-again cube neighbor (the one who equates "…

Started by Christine

17 Jul 25
Reply by Bud the Wonderer

How Creationists in Texas Are Pressuring Schoolbook Publishers to Bring God into Biology

"Texas is the largest purchaser of public school textbooks. Because publishers do not want to publish different textbooks around the US, th…

Started by Joan Denoo

15 Jul 25
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service