Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (1,883)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Obedience as the central theme of Christianity—no questions asked.

The Bible narrative of man's relationship with God begins with the story of his first disobedience and all of Christian theology is summed…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

81 Feb 5
Reply by sk8eycat

Nevada Farmers Pray for Rain

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/03/nevada-farmers-prayer-drought-western-us-states "Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish,…

Started by Sentient Biped

26 Feb 4
Reply by k.h. ky

The Lord's Prayer, Submission, and Job: A Comedy of Justice

The scene is either hell or Texas (pick either or both!).  Saint Alexander Hergensheimer and the devil are discussing god's will and Alex's…

Started by Loren Miller

11 Feb 4
Reply by sk8eycat

THE RAPTURE AND THE SECOND COMING

By Dr. Denny M. So many times we hear about this and it’s all flawed and messed up. Follow what I’m saying and you will see that none of i…

Started by Michael Penn

8 Feb 4
Reply by Sentient Biped

Pope Francis calls the Internet a 'gift from God'

More 'puppy dogs and rainbows' talk from the pope: In his message Thursday, Francis said the Internet offers "immense possibilities" to e…

Started by The Flying Atheist

23 Feb 3
Reply by Dan Genereux

Dreamless sleep and the 'soul'

During REM sleep we all dream, but I very rarely remember them. I wake up and the last thing I remember is right before I fell asleep. I am…

Started by roland707

6 Feb 3
Reply by Michael Penn

Startling discovery: Children tend to follow their parents' religion

Today's New York Times carries the story of a book by a professor of gerontology and sociology at the University of Southern California who…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

9 Feb 3
Reply by Luara

It's a good thing sexual abuse of children is not a sin.

Pope defrocked almost 400 priests in 2 years.  For sexually molesting children. AP but also numerous other sites. I'm not a bible expert.…

18 Feb 1
Reply by Christine

"Don Jon": An Atheist Film Review

Written and directed by its star, Don Jon is a movie by Joseph Gordon-Levitt about a New Jersey lothario who can get laid with a snap of hi…

Started by James M. Martin

3 Jan 31
Reply by Michael Penn

Religious Conservatives have higher divorce rates.

Even the people who live around the religious conservatives have a higher divorce rate. LA Times. Divorce is higher among religiously con…

5 Jan 22
Reply by Future

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service