Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (1,940)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tolstoy on the Christian religion and equality

Leo Tolstoy, the author of War and Peace and Anna Karenina, became interested in religion late in his life and completely changed his views…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

2 May 20
Reply by Michael Penn

"Monstrance Clock" Video

Started by James M. Martin

0 May 19

are you open about your atheism?

do you usually tell people your an atheist, whether just in passing conversation or when the topic of religion comes up. i'm pretty outspok…

Started by John English

4 May 18
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

A revival in Cincinnati in the early nineteenth century

Francis Trollope, the mnother of the novelist Anthony Trollope, toured America and wrote of her experiences in a book, Domestic Manners of…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

1 May 17
Reply by Plinius

What is the most tactful way of being open about your atheism?

Case in point, I am an atheist who happens to live in a small town. In fact, over the past several years I’ve moved from one small town to…

Started by David Maxwell

16 May 15
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Point Counterpoint: Why We Need Some Big Hollywood Money to Respond to the Onslaught of Christian Propaganda Movies

The opportunities abound for major motion pictures with an atheist point of view, including if not particularly movies that set the Booblic…

8 May 12
Reply by David Maxwell

"Rev." John "Katrina" Hagee's Son, Matthew, Says Eight Religious Right Judges on SCOTUS is One Too Few

This is the son of the man made famous for perpetrating the most outrageous example of post hoc reasoning in the history of religion, John…

10 May 8
Reply by James M. Martin

What does C of E mean?

When young, I put "C of E" on application forms where the unwanted question, your religion?, was asked (e.g. University application form).…

Started by Dr. Terence Meaden

7 May 6
Reply by B Fletcher

Crazy Street Preachers

So me and my boyfriend were walking down this busy street in our town holding hands when this street preacher yelled "Look at the sinners,…

Started by Tweeeekk

2 May 6
Reply by Patricia

Hey everybody, the world's about to end. Again.

This was just a bit too good to pass up. "Pastor John Hagee: Tuesday’s ‘blood moon’ eclipse signals the end of the world" Having four chanc…

Started by B Fletcher

43 May 5
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service