Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (1,972)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Two Hollywood Christian track coaches accused of having sex with students

i knew those news vans meant more god scandals!http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/hollywood/fl-coaches-charged-sex-minors-20100324,0,…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 Mar 28, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Who was Jesus/

Intersting perspective from LiveScience.     http://www.livescience.com/history/090410-jesus-the-man.html

Started by Rusty Gunn.

0 Mar 27, 2010

Patron saints

Here's an idea...lets make pope joe the patron saint of pediophiles!  Maybe someone could design a little silver pendant that priests could…

Started by Cheri

0 Mar 27, 2010

Christians to pray for atheists on April Fool's Day

According to the Bible, "the fool says in his heart there is no God" (Psalm 14:1) and this April 1st, some Christians will honor the day by…

Started by Hugh Kramer

29 Mar 27, 2010
Reply by Johnsky

Religion as an abstract concept and social phenomenon

I read and post fairly regularly on Google groups such as Atheism vs. Christianity, alt.religion.christian and alt.religion.islam, and I ha…

Started by Sigmund

2 Mar 27, 2010
Reply by funk Q

Author/scientist Sam Harris tells why we should ditch religion

Yesterday (March 25) CNN released a video they taped of Sam Harris talking about why we should ditch religion. Harris, a neuroscientist and…

Started by Hugh Kramer

0 Mar 26, 2010

Is 'faith' synonymous with 'denial' when applied to creationists/religionists? How to counter the 'faith' argument?

Back when I was actively engaged in yahoo answer's religion & spirituality section, I came across the faith argument. Oftentimes debate…

Started by Objection

4 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by Objection

Most insane religious beliefs

Any nominees? I think the winner has to come from the most recent additions of Mormonism, Nation of Islam, or Scientology. Lots of outerspa…

Started by Max Power

27 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by Damond

Priests and little boys...

VATICAN CITY – The Vatican on Thursday strongly defended its decision not to defrock an American priest accused of molesting some 200 deaf…

Started by Andrew Lafont

1 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by Joshua Chase

Answersingenesis.org states that Atheism is Irrational...

Materialistic atheism is one of the easiest worldviews to refute. A materialistic atheist believes that nature is all that there is. He bel…

Started by Andrew Lafont

8 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Jim DePaulo

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service