Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (1,938)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Catholic preschool refuses to re-enroll child of gay parents

Is this an example of the "sins of the fathers" (or in this case, mothers) being visited upon the children? A preschooler at Boulder Colora…

Started by Hugh Kramer

12 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Kristine R.

Defending Secular Humanism

How does one respond to such nonsence from the Prolifers.     The secular humanist view is that each human being is sovereign, answerable o…

Started by Lori Gilliland

16 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Phil

Don't Hurt the Theist's Feelings

Just when one thinks religion's black hole of stupidity has reached overflow, another barrel of dumb fuck gets poured in. I don't think i…

Started by Jim DePaulo

8 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Ray

Christopher Hitchens takes on the 10 Commandments

"The Ten Commandments were set in stone, but it may be time for a re-chisel," says outspoken atheist author and journalist, Christopher Hit…

Started by Hugh Kramer

4 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Ray

Hundreds of Christians and Muslims kill each other in Nigeria

Sectarian violence has been going on in Nigeria for several years.  According to some reports, at least 200 people, mostly Christians, were…

Started by FreeThinker

3 Mar 9, 2010
Reply by Prefer Not to Say

Church picketed for barring child of gays from preschool

About 30 people gathered outside Boulder Colorado's Sacred Heart of Jesus church on Sunday to protest the barring of a 4-year old boy from…

Started by Hugh Kramer

0 Mar 8, 2010

Determinism, original sin and the 'argument from evil'

The 'argument from evil' has popped up on several occasions recently - am I missing the point?Omniscience and omnibenevolence are the corne…

Started by Sigmund

1 Mar 7, 2010
Reply by Trance Gemini

The Stoning of Soraya M.

I just finished watching The Stoning of Soraya M., a movie based on a true story about an Iranian village that tries and executes a woman b…

Started by Tom Thompson

0 Mar 6, 2010

Prison Fellowship/Praying for Prisoners

I got the strangest charity request the other day from "Prison Fellowship". It asks people to send Easter Cards to prisoners with all sorts…

Started by mojo5501

6 Mar 6, 2010
Reply by mojo5501

my Christian friend......

okay so the other day we were talking about the Duggars(christian's with 19 kids.)She thinks it okay for them to have that many kids and I…

Started by faith the atheist

11 Mar 6, 2010
Reply by Jennifer W

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service