Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (1,936)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Idea of Heaven and Eternal Life

Recently, I have been thinking about Eternal Life. A fair amount of people would not want an eternal life, for whatever reasons of their ow…

Started by FCoNicaea325

0 Jun 29, 2010

Pakistan to monitor Google and Yahoo for 'blasphemy'

Pakistan will start monitoring seven major websites, including Google and Yahoo, for content it deems offensive to Muslims.YouTube, Amazon,…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

5 Jun 28, 2010
Reply by Pat

Texas Got One Right

The Institute for Creation Research (ICR), the largest distributor of bullshit in the country moved their headquarters from California to T…

Started by Jim DePaulo

15 Jun 28, 2010
Reply by Jim DePaulo

Why do the religious obsess over certain controversies and not others?

I find it perplexing what issues have a slant between the religious and the non-religious. Here on AN, there are many issues that people fe…

Started by Kwizzy Diane Argyle

17 Jun 28, 2010
Reply by Kwizzy Diane Argyle

More biblical zombies

I only became aware of this today As a christian for many years I never heard this part of the scriptures mentioned in church. They did the…

Started by Doug

2 Jun 27, 2010
Reply by Mike K.

Whoever said religion was peaceful needs to read this!

A man in South Africa was killed by his family when he wanted to watch Germany play Australia in the World Cup. His family wanted to watch…

Started by Rucareanu Valentin

10 Jun 27, 2010
Reply by Yiggoto

Payback's a Beach!

Who is with me in having a singular lack of sympathy for the 'Holy See' (really the Holy See only what we want to See) which is upset that…

Started by Douglas Allchin

0 Jun 25, 2010

Vatican scales back Papal visit in UK due to 'lack of interest'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_and_warwickshire/10403660.stmOf course the news page doesn't say that - you have to read betwee…

Started by Richard Healy

5 Jun 25, 2010
Reply by Olga Spelts (Human Bean)

Does religion make a society healthier? The surprising answer is 'no'

This study's conclusion is that there was an inverse relationship between religion and poor societal health rates. What that means is that…

Started by Hugh Kramer

7 Jun 24, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Entrapment in Genesis

As taught to me from the many different Xtian faiths I have been subject to ( I use the word subject purposefully) I learned that when you…

Started by Havok

4 Jun 24, 2010
Reply by Richard Healy

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service