Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (1,972)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Religion is the Opiate of the...

So I've heard from Mao, Lenin, and Marx and others that Religion is the Opiate of the masses (or "mind or opiate of the poor" etc. ) A per…

Started by MattyLJ

22 5 hours ago
Reply by Travis Hedglin

The Sickness has Spread to Australia

Muslims plan to behead random Australian citizen(s) Breaking news this morning in Australia. Can't believe these sick people are in this c…

Started by Vangelis

26 6 hours ago
Reply by Donald R Barbera

pro-gay Bible verse

Matthew 15:11 "What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." <g&g…

Started by Luara

13 yesterday
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

ISIS - a conservative paradise in Iraq

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/09/15/isis-bans-teaching-evolution.html this comment from the article sums it up quite nicely:…

Started by matthew greenberg

17 on Wednesday
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Wine into Water: The Colossal Absurdity of Justifying Just About Anything With Reference to the Booble

We all enjoy seeing religious nuts thinking they can prove any proposition with reference to the bible. I once witnessed a "corner preacher…

Started by James M. Martin

0 on Wednesday

Bible Museum coming to DC

In the Washington Post  , there is an article declaring that the owner of the Hobby Lobby, is building  a 800 million dollar  museum 2  blo…

Started by Freethinker31

10 on Tuesday
Reply by Michael Penn

Jon Stewart Claims the Coalition of the Unwilling in the ISIS Fight "Looks Awfully Christian-y"

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/jon_stewart_coalition_to_fight_islamic_state_looks_awful_christian_20140913

0 on Sunday

Is Archaeology a Science?

I guess that archaeology uses scientific method for much of its investigation but there is also a great deal of imagination applied to dedu…

Started by Vangelis

13 Sep 12
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

A Woman Ain't Nothin' But a Penis Home Says Pastor

19 Sep 12
Reply by MattyLJ

Everything And Its Opposite

Michel Onfray, in his scathing book deconstructing the three Abrahamic monotheisms, "Atheist Manifesto", makes an incisive and pertinent ob…

Started by Anthony Jordan

6 Sep 11
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Luara replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
7 minutes ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
13 minutes ago
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
13 minutes ago
13 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Shaun Johnston's discussion Critical review of Darwin's "Origin..." 6th edition posted in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
55 minutes ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
sk8eycat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
3 hours ago
Mequa replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Chimp-on-chimp murder. Humans are not the only violent species.
3 hours ago
sk8eycat commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago
Plinius replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
4 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Travis Hedglin replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
4 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service