Science (572)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Creationism VS ID

What the difference between Creationism and ID? And has ID submitted anything for peer review? What's considered "peer review"? thx

Started by DaniT

17 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Athianarchist

Debunking Carl Sagan

This is from the chapter, Science and Witchcraft, in Carl Sagan's 1995 book (subtitled, Science as a Candle in the Dark), The Demon-Haunted…

Started by stephen eric billinghurst

5 Jul 28, 2009

Near Death Experiences

I was reading some survey data the other day on the subjective experiences of people who have been through Near Death Experiences, and 15%…

Started by mthoreau

12 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by mthoreau

Dr Andy Thompson - Why We Believe In Gods

At this site you will find a 54 minute video by Dr Andy Thompson http://richarddawkins.net/article,3779,Why-We-Believe-in-Gods---Dr-Andy-Th

Started by Michael

1 Jul 22, 2009
Reply by beautifully barren

Alternative Medicine

This is a spinoff from another thread I started and I think is well worthy of its own little discussion. Like Paganism/Wicca, there's an a…

Started by Jo Jerome

4 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Goz

The mind of the Theist

I tried to open a discussion on the possibility of a "God gene" to explain why some people have a tendency towards spiritual beliefs. OK, t…

Started by Tony Alexander

17 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Josiah Allen

What of Hypnosis?

My usual stance on hypnosis/post-hypnotic suggestion/brainwashing is that it's baloney. And that's not based on nothing, but admittedly, ba…

Started by Billy Deaton

23 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Josiah Allen

On replicators

Not the Star Trek kind that make stuff. And not the Stargate kind that replicate themselves. But the ~etics kinds. There are genes, with w…

Started by Jared Lardo

0 Jun 30, 2009

Journalist Files Charges against WHO and UN for Bioterrorism and Intent to Commit Mass Murder

or,WE'RE ALL DOOMED From the "it would be hilarious if it weren't so dangerously insane" files. Antivaccination loons decide to add a coup…

Started by Фелч Гроган

1 Jun 29, 2009
Reply by Little Name Atheist

Dark Age memetics

Both creationism and environmental denial are almost daily news. Their vile triplet, anti-vaccination crusading, hasn't reached quite the s…

Started by Фелч Гроган

13 Jun 22, 2009
Reply by Jason Spicer

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service