Science (556)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Access to Peer Reviewed Articles - Who actually has it?

Hi all, I'm new here :D I've had a great welcome so far! As scientists (or scientifically minded laypeople) we hold a "Peer Reviewed Journ…

Started by Mel

11 May 20, 2009
Reply by Brigette Nonya

Need help with answers! Creationut is haunting my local Forum.

Hello all. I need a hand dissecting this chunk of 'arguments' from a local fundie. Get ready, it's all over the map.....Hurts my head. ' O…

Started by Mr Dank

20 May 19, 2009
Reply by Фелч Гроган

Why don't chimps talk?

I'm looking for concrete answer for my 5 year old who keeps asking me this question. He asked after watching the TV show Evolve (episode on…

Started by Dawn K

21 May 15, 2009
Reply by Age of Atheism.com

What universities are for

Julian relates the following anecdote: "Once when Diogenes was in a crowd of people, a certain youth farted. Diogenes poked him with his st…

Started by Фелч Гроган

2 May 14, 2009
Reply by PigDiesel

How do we know anything?

I mean, at the bottom of all science, isn't it just mathematics, observations, and logic? And at the bottom of mathematics and logic, isn't…

Started by Invader Kap

4 May 8, 2009
Reply by Invader Kap

The death of knowledge.The fight to teach creationism in public school's .

This my friend's is beyond my ability to comprehend.The scariest thing I have ever witnessed in my life is the video I watched that coverd…

Started by cory eugene hawkins

1 May 8, 2009
Reply by Justin Pearson Smith

The death of knowledge.The fight to teach creationism in public school's .

This my friend's is beyond my ability to comprehend.The scariest thing I have ever witnessed in my life is the video I watched that coverd…

Started by cory eugene hawkins

0 May 6, 2009

Speed of light

One of the interesting questions to ask fundamentalists is do they believe the speed of light is constant. This opens up an interesting pa…

Started by Doug

8 May 4, 2009
Reply by Polymath

The cosmos doesn't know we exist?

I was watching a debate between Hitchens and a rabbi, and Hitchens presented the notion that the cosmos and evolution doesn't know that we…

Started by Bakari

7 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by Karl

What area of science supports your lack of beliefs the most?

Science often proves many religious beliefs wrong, but what area of study (to YOU) supports your conclusion the strongest? For me it's neu…

Started by zack

25 Apr 25, 2009
Reply by Michael

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service