Atheist Nexus Logo

Science (576)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pew Research Center study on public attitudes on science issues

The Pew Research Center has just published a detailed study of the attitudes of the public and the attitudes of scientists on various scien…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

0 Jan 29

Autism risk from mother breathing air pollution

Evidence that a mother-to-be's exposure to air pollution affects her child's risk of autism "is becoming quite strong," said Harvard epidem…

Started by Luara

4 Jan 17
Reply by Ellis Dean Hovey

Petrified forests take millions of years?

I was curious about this. I heard that petrified forests take millions of years, but when Mount St Helen erupted supposedly there were tree…

Started by Charles Cassels

7 Dec 25, 2014
Reply by Asa Watcher

Organics advocates also love homeopathy. Quelle suprise!

Who'da thunk? Top Organic Marketing Trustees Resign Because A Member Ridicules Homeopathy http://www.science20.com/science_20/top_organic

Started by jay H

38 Dec 11, 2014
Reply by Luara

Big Bang Never Happened? Earth Living in Parallel Universe's Past? Surprising New Theories

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/2-futures-can-explain-time-s-mysterious-past/?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email

Started by James M. Martin

1 Dec 9, 2014
Reply by Michael Penn

On the featured Video: Exploring our Solar System with Carl Sagan

Beautiful video!  I love hearing Sagan's voice, superimposed on images, imagined, of other worlds.  Sagan was such an optimist!  I wish th…

Started by Daniel W

6 Dec 6, 2014
Reply by Pat

Human Nature Versus "Natural Law": No Wonder Climate Change Deniers are Mostly Christian

I encountered a study of biomimicry that suggested we do nothing natural anymore, if by natural is meant living in harmony with the world a…

Started by James M. Martin

7 Dec 6, 2014
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Unidentified Flying Objects?

Some may not think this question belongs in the science category, but I do not think this is the case. I am not talking about someone seein…

Started by Todd Crispin

50 Dec 5, 2014
Reply by Freethinker31

The Prayer-Gauge Debate

In July of 1872 The London Contemporary Review, a religious quarterly, published an article suggesting that effectiveness of prayers for th…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

4 Nov 25, 2014
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Science vs Religion

Most of us are quite  critical of religion, including myself........However, I do feel that religion and science  can co-exist.............…

Started by Freethinker31

1 Nov 23, 2014
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service