Science (565)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

N. D.G. Tyson on the God of the Gaps, Bill O'Really, and Other Strange Phenomena (Sorry if You've Seen It Already)

Started by James M. Martin

2 20 hours ago
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Are we more than fancy computational engines?

Interesting (fairly long) article discussing the premise that the human brain seems to have some capacity for solving non-computable proble…

Started by jay H

1 Nov 16
Reply by Mequa

Science vs Religion

Most of us are quite  critical of religion, including myself........However, I do feel that religion and science  can co-exist.............…

Started by Freethinker31

0 Nov 13

Scientists warn we are on the brink of the next major mass extinction event

Scientists warn we are on the brink of the next major mass extinction event "16 to 33 percent of vertebrates are now endangered. Larger ani…

Started by Joan Denoo

24 Nov 10
Reply by Freethinker31

Drinking plenty of fluids

There's actually some research that supports the idea of drinking plenty of fluids.  "Plenty" meaning at least 2 liters/day.  Research over…

Started by Luara

19 Nov 9
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Cure for HIV found by French scientists?

See the article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/scientists-find-mechanism-for-spontaneous-hiv-cure/ar-BBcUBOC? They were able to…

Started by Hiram

2 Nov 4
Reply by Michael Penn

Correlation doesn't mean causation.

Have you ever tried to explain the fact that correlation doesn't mean causation to a religious person? Would you like some really funny exa…

Started by Sky God

10 Oct 20
Reply by James M. Martin

British Avant Garde Filmmaker Peter Greenaway's "Darwin"

Started by James M. Martin

0 Oct 4

Houston, first take the cover off the eyepiece

I was mindlessly snooping the web today, trying to give meaning to my life, when I came across this article: Proof of god. I see a picture…

Started by Greg

2 Oct 2
Reply by Susan Stanko

God, Darwin, and My Biology Class

David Barash has an opinion piece in today's NYTimes about the incompatibility of science and religion. It's good to see a scientist being…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

14 Sep 29
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service