Sacred Texts (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Holy Books: Read 'Em and Rate 'Em! My List of Good Reads

Having been raised Catholic, of course my default Holy Book is the Bible, as it is for most of Western Civilization.  As such, I leave it o…

Started by Andrew Stewart

6 Sep 24, 2011
Reply by annet

Has anybody ever read The Gospel of Judas?

Or that of any of the other non-canonical gospels? I have most of them, I recently picked up the Gospel of Judas. It's a good read, and I f…

Started by FCoNicaea325

19 Sep 24, 2011
Reply by mistercliff

The Bible as literature

Look - it was written a long time ago and novel writing has gotten a lot faster paced and, frankly, more formulaic, but ... I find that is…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

31 Sep 24, 2011
Reply by Andrew Stewart

Finnish legend

Have you heard of it before? I think it's beautiful...   "... But Wainamoinen refused the bows and sank Youkahainen still deeper. And as he…

Started by A. Gabriele Eichel

1 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by annet

In Jerusalem, scholars trace Bible's evolution: others speak of forgery and deception

http://news.yahoo.com/jerusalem-scholars-trace-bibles-evolution-092932128.html         www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5

Started by John Hunt

1 Aug 13, 2011
Reply by Forrest Green (VorlonGuyverOss)

sorry ladies, but your body isn't really yours

oh, and rape?  sorry, but it requires at least 2 or 3 witnesses for it to be valid.  Forget that DNA evidence - it doesn't count cuz it isn…

Started by LarryL

18 Aug 8, 2011
Reply by Jameer Logan

"Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed At All" Author David Fitzgerald accepts Honorary PhD In Heresy from Logidea U.

David Fitzgerald, author, atheist and true historical sleuth has uncovered and documented the Holy Grail of atheism. Evidence that Jesus di…

Started by Richard H. McCargar

6 Jul 18, 2011
Reply by Matt VDB

Bill Maher Calls Koran 'A Hate-filled Book' 3/12/11

Started by Hiram

24 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by mike larson

Christianity: Political Manifesto for the Development of Nuclear Weapons

I decided to periodically continue to develop my theory that the Bible is really about the fundamental theories of cosmology and subsequent…

Started by Julia

12 May 31, 2011
Reply by Matt VDB

What did Jesus mean?

Let me be clear up front that I don't really have a "point" to this dicussion. It's just something I found online and thought was really in…

Started by David Anam

22 May 31, 2011
Reply by Matt VDB

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service