Sacred Texts (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Koran Translations

I'm planning on reading the Koran soon, and I'm looking for good candidates for a translation to choose.The most important thing to me is t…

Started by SNM

6 Jul 23, 2012
Reply by Raving Hillbilly

Basic Torah facts

Unlike 99% of all non-clerical Jews, I read the Torah (first 5 books of the Bibole, sacred to Jews) in its most authoritative translation. …

Started by Alan Perlman

21 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by Alan Perlman

Which Bible Version Is Best?

Which is a pretty contentious  question, and an odd one to ask as an atheist. My question is: what are the strengths and weaknesses of the…

Started by Lorryslorrys

30 May 23, 2012
Reply by Chris Ruegg

The bible - a newb's impression

Firstly, hello everyone on this site! I was pointed in this direction from someone I respect on another completely unrelated forum. I'll in…

Started by ChrisC

10 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Eve and the Tree of Knowledge... Why are people not on her side?

This has been on my mind lately, hence my username.  This is my understanding of Eve's part in the creationist story: [just to say it, I kn…

Started by Eve Knows

25 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by Richard ∑wald

Appologetic's Bible

So my mother told me that she and my dad have begun to question their faith and the morality of the god of their faith in particular. She s…

Started by Alli Armstrong

22 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Victoria Vann

The Old Testament At Around 300 BCE

Today the old testament is a part of the christian's bible.   But as far as I know, it is supposed to be oldet than 2000 years. Maybe someo…

Started by Maruli Marulaki

33 Feb 22, 2012
Reply by Natalie A Sera

Evil bible. Com for useful bible verses

http://www.evilbible.com/ In case people have not seen this site as yet it is a very useful resourse if you are debating theology with Chr…

Started by Doug

24 Feb 11, 2012
Reply by booklover

How can Christians get away with it?

I was watching "The Colbert Report" last night and I heard about a program called "Jesus Ween", in Texas.  To celebrate, Christians staying…

Started by Chris Dodds

15 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by Charles Beddoe

Books G'd tells you not to read

A few years ago I was reading the Book of Jubilees when this idiot walked up to me and tried to pull the book out of my hands.  I pulled ba…

Started by Regina Goodwin

9 Nov 21, 2011
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Darren Taggart posted a video

Ken Comfort on Internet Humour

Dealing with so-called Internet Online "Humour" from misinformed atheists.
24 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
34 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post Things That Make You Go Hmmm . . . (Humor)
40 minutes ago
Profile IconBradley Prickett, Relaxed Atheist and anneshathaways joined Atheist Nexus
51 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion Children Exposed To Religion Have Difficulty Distinguishing Fact From Fiction, Study Finds in the group Atheist News
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to Joan Denoo's discussion How Creationists in Texas Are Pressuring Schoolbook Publishers to Bring God into Biology
1 hour ago
Joe added 3 discussions to the group Atheist News
1 hour ago
Rick Springfield replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked WayneO's blog post And the Evening and the Morning Were the Fourth Day
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked Donald R Barbera's blog post Nipples, Nipples, Nipples
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service