Sacred Texts (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wisdom of Solomon

The beginning of the Wisdom of Solomon, Book 2, in the first nine verses reflects Epicureanism. (After that it goes off the path.) Few Prot…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

1 Apr 2
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Long sermons can be deadly

Every once in a while you find something humorous in the Bible such as this passage from the twentieth chapter of Acts: [9] And there sat…

16 Apr 2
Reply by Idaho Spud

The Cincinnati Bible Wars of 1869-1873

Cincinnati was my home town and I attended its public schools including high school without ever hearing a prayer or a Bible reading. This…

0 Mar 31

Deconstructing Genesis, Leviticus, &c.: We Need to Counter the New Booblical Hollywood Soft Sell

If I were a few years younger and in a position to pimp movie ideas, I would dedicate the rest of my life to debunking the fake Old Testame…

Started by James M. Martin

4 Mar 28
Reply by James M. Martin

The coming collapse, per the Bible, due this spring?

Fundie mother-in-law just sent us this: http://youtu.be/G4ysHIVnh6s What is this about?

Started by Christine

1 Mar 21
Reply by MB

Are the biblical contradictions correct?

Sometimes I worry when I mention a nutty quote from the Bible that we atheists tend to enjoy, and a Christian will dismiss it with some sor…

Started by Christine

6 Mar 6
Reply by Craigart14

biblical quotes in emails

The extent to which my MIL is rabidly xtian is legendary by now. She's got the entire family on board- her husband, their kids, who married…

Started by Christine

14 Jan 28
Reply by Ficking Chucken

What to do with religious story books?

I have a little collection of Golden Books (I think) which have biblical themes- The Good Samaritan, the Christmas story etc. Just a few. I…

Started by Christine

28 Jan 27
Reply by Idaho Spud

Religious Texts

On Religions and the Religious   Christians have the Bible.  It tells them that they are blessed of God.  It tells them that God is on thei…

Started by Gus Heist

7 Dec 4, 2013
Reply by booklover

The Sacred Bible

Started by Kitten Blackstar

15 Dec 1, 2013
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service