Atheist Nexus Logo

Sacred Texts (134)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A great site for research - and to direct theists to...

sacred-texts.com I love this site - they also sell dvd's with the whole website on them that make great gifts. It might just be wishful t…

Started by B Good

2 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Michael

Practical & cultural reasons behind religious doctrine

Does anybody know of a site which gives the practical and cultural reasons behind some of the supposed moral imperatives in religious teach…

Started by Dave P

3 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Goz

NPR just put up a link to the original Codex Sinaiticus

"All Things Considered, July 6, 2009 · The surviving pieces of the world's oldest-known Christian Bible have been put back together for the…

Started by Sue B

1 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by Janet Holmes

Religiously Uneducated.

Atheists...as we know, Christians and Muslims alike have caused alot of pain and suffering throughout history...yet non of their dogmas act…

Started by Antonett Ewan

23 Jul 13, 2009
Reply by Tarquin St John Sh'gn'sty

Extra-Biblical documents relating to 1 Corinthians?

I'm in this big fight with about 20 Christians over at CafeMom: As far as I can tell, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 prohibits women from participa…

Started by HotMess

17 Jul 5, 2009
Reply by Bryan Blakeman

Ammunition: The bible DOES NOT condemn abortion.

Much of this is copied/pasted from another thread in Free Speech Atheists, but it comes up often enough I wanted to get it out on the main…

Started by Jo Jerome

4 Jun 27, 2009
Reply by Jo Jerome

Reading Exodus - God the Interior Decorator

So, I recently bought a Bible on DVD to familiarize myself with the entire text. I read part of the Bible as a kid (mostly the New Testamen…

Started by FreeThinker

0 Jun 1, 2009

What is the "Best" bible?

I am looking to buy a bible for reference purposes. Is there one out there with the skeptical reader in mind? Possibly with cross-reference…

Started by Andrew Dunn

9 May 1, 2009
Reply by Asa Watcher

Jesus's fulfillment of prophecies

I constantly point out to Christians that Jesus did not even fulfill the Jewish prophesy of what a messiah should be: that a messiah is sup…

Started by rev

1 Mar 14, 2009
Reply by Danny

What do PA atheists think of this?

Bushels of Bibles for Pa. lawmakers HARRISBURG - Talk about swearing on a stack of Bibles. With the state sinking deeper into a fiscal ho…

Started by Buffy

3 Feb 27, 2009
Reply by Buffy

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service