Sacred Texts (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ammunition: The bible DOES NOT condemn abortion.

Much of this is copied/pasted from another thread in Free Speech Atheists, but it comes up often enough I wanted to get it out on the main…

Started by Jo Jerome

4 Jun 27, 2009
Reply by Jo Jerome

Reading Exodus - God the Interior Decorator

So, I recently bought a Bible on DVD to familiarize myself with the entire text. I read part of the Bible as a kid (mostly the New Testamen…

Started by FreeThinker

0 Jun 1, 2009

The Q Document

I need some help from the biblical scholars and ancient historians out there. The expanded request is here. Wasn't sure where to post it.

Started by Фелч Гроган

3 May 26, 2009
Reply by Tarquin St John Sh'gn'sty

What is the "Best" bible?

I am looking to buy a bible for reference purposes. Is there one out there with the skeptical reader in mind? Possibly with cross-reference…

Started by Andrew Dunn

9 May 1, 2009
Reply by Asa Watcher

Jesus's fulfillment of prophecies

I constantly point out to Christians that Jesus did not even fulfill the Jewish prophesy of what a messiah should be: that a messiah is sup…

Started by rev

1 Mar 14, 2009
Reply by Danny

What do PA atheists think of this?

Bushels of Bibles for Pa. lawmakers HARRISBURG - Talk about swearing on a stack of Bibles. With the state sinking deeper into a fiscal ho…

Started by Buffy

3 Feb 27, 2009
Reply by Buffy

their church/santa *steals* [credit for] presents

which, of course, is why their santa (the church) *steals* down the chimney: to change the labels on all the presents to read "from Santa"…

Started by Shon Zdeneck

3 Feb 5, 2009
Reply by Goz

Banned From the Bible I: Full Length Documentary (1hr 29min)

A history of the Gnostic and Apocryphal texts. This documentary gives a fairly comprehensive explanation of how and why some texts were exc…

Started by moJoe

1 Jan 26, 2009
Reply by Offreality

The Lost Gospels

Here is a six part documentary on the Lost Gospels, the ones that were edited out of the Bible. Fascinating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v

Started by Tony Alexander

1 Sep 20, 2008
Reply by Zeb

Perceivingreality.com

I was surfing Youtube when i stumbled upon this guy... http://perceivingreality.com/ It amazed me how many points he made that i completely…

Started by Zerosmelt

18 Sep 18, 2008
Reply by LeaT

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service