Sacred Texts (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Biblical and Qu'ranic Prophecy

Here's an article I wrote a while back about problems with the "prophecies" in the Bible and Qu'ran: http://www.dbskeptic.com/2009/04/26/p

Started by Ryan Covington

3 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Hiram

the Forer effect and sacred texts

Contradictions in the bible and other sacred texts are well-known, yet believers believe anyway. I have been looking for a sort of Rosetta…

Started by the antithesis

1 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Jaume

The Bible - The infallable word of God?

Christians like to claim that the Bible is the perfect, inspired word of God and that it is unchanging (except for being translated). Howev…

Started by FreeThinker

8 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Daniel

JESUS’ NATIVITY—Where Was Jesus Born? (And When?)

Psst. There’s something you should know about Christmas. The Christmas carols, we’re afraid, might have it wrong: Jesus, many New Testament…

Started by Robert Tobin

16 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by Robert Tobin

Mischief Anyone?

I'm not sure where to file this, so I'll put in under Sacred Texts, but it's very tongue in cheek - so much so that your cheek might explod…

Started by Marc Draco

16 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by Janet Holmes

A great site for research - and to direct theists to...

sacred-texts.com I love this site - they also sell dvd's with the whole website on them that make great gifts. It might just be wishful t…

Started by B Good

2 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Michael

Practical & cultural reasons behind religious doctrine

Does anybody know of a site which gives the practical and cultural reasons behind some of the supposed moral imperatives in religious teach…

Started by Dave P

3 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Goz

NPR just put up a link to the original Codex Sinaiticus

"All Things Considered, July 6, 2009 · The surviving pieces of the world's oldest-known Christian Bible have been put back together for the…

Started by Sue B

1 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by Janet Holmes

Religiously Uneducated.

Atheists...as we know, Christians and Muslims alike have caused alot of pain and suffering throughout history...yet non of their dogmas act…

Started by Antonett Ewan

23 Jul 13, 2009
Reply by Tarquin St John Sh'gn'sty

Extra-Biblical documents relating to 1 Corinthians?

I'm in this big fight with about 20 Christians over at CafeMom: As far as I can tell, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 prohibits women from participa…

Started by HotMess

17 Jul 5, 2009
Reply by Bryan Blakeman

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service