Sacred Texts (131)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Because Men and Women Had Shameful Same Sex Lusts, God Created Them as Gay and Lesbian (Please Pick Me Up Off the Floor When I Quit Laughing)

Started by James M. Martin

31 on Tuesday
Reply by Freethinker31

Five Reasons to Doubt Jesus Christ Ever Existed: Arm at All Points!

"A growing number of scholars are openly questioning or actively arguing against Jesus’ historicity. Since many people, both Christian and…

3 Sep 1
Reply by Sentient Biped

The Bible is Evil

This is a quote from Allen Watt.  One of the best speakers about religion on NPR.  If you don't believe me just read the book of Leviticus.…

Started by John Loq

181 Jul 28
Reply by Craigart14

Question for All Who Read This Posting

I admit ignorance of the finer points of Islamic belief and the Koran in particular. As you know, the N.T. contains a gospel that posits, a…

21 Jul 11
Reply by Luara

Surprised this never comes up re: homosexuality

Finally got a copy of the Skeptics Annotated Bible, and like to leaf through it at bedtime for a few minutes randomly. Of course I'm just r…

Started by Christine

8 Jul 10
Reply by Luara

Your take on the Bible, Moral?

i'm probably preaching to the choir here but i wish to know what people think about the bible as a moral guide. i asked a similar question…

Started by John English

17 May 31
Reply by James M. Martin

Did the gospel writers Matthew, Mark, Luke and John meet Jesus?

I know the Jesus that we atheists know is most likely just a myth but I would like to find out if, and only if, Jesus did exist (the man, n…

Started by Tezzie

20 Apr 23
Reply by Matt VDB

Why aren't people required to swear on the Constitution in court?

Pretty simple question. Why should the bible be used?I would much rather swear on the Constitution myself.  

Started by Joshua Francom

18 Apr 22
Reply by James Kz

The Atheist New Testament

Good day people, I'm a Bachelor of Theology from the University of Helsinki. I'm currently working on my Master's Thesis in the field of C…

Started by Thete.fi

6 Apr 22
Reply by Luara

What do you do with the Gideon Bible in the motel room? - best ideas needed

I was thinking about taking a yellow marker to mark up some key disgusting bible passages in the gideon bibles I find, but there are so man…

Started by Roy

72 Apr 14
Reply by Grinning Cat

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service