Politics (1,534)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Only in the bible belt (Louisiana)

In Louisiana to be elected to Congress you lie to your constituents telling them you are a Christian conservative.  Your campaign photo sho…

Started by John Aultman

11 Apr 9
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Weirdness on the Supreme Court: Home Schooling Prohibition Not Grounds for Political Asylum

A German couple moved to the U.S. years ago claiming discrimination at home since homeschooling is illegal there. The Service gave them mar…

Started by James M. Martin

2 Apr 9
Reply by James M. Martin

Billy Graham scion Franklin Graham "likes" Putin-the-invader

Right Wing Watch. I thought the fundamentalists and republicans might un-like Putin now that he's invaded Crimea.  The Putinistas also don…

Started by Sentient Biped

8 Apr 5
Reply by Joan Denoo

My Page at Facebook: Tax the Churches (I Wanted an Exclamation Point but They Censored Me)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tax-the-Churches/486018348176366?ref=hl

Started by James M. Martin

0 Apr 2

Is France, one of the only secularist nations, actually secular?

This is a somewhat popular debate topic, largely popularized by the passing of controversial anti-religious laws, such as the banning of th…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

3 Apr 1
Reply by W. De Greef

Hey Bill O'Reilly - go buy a hood

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dem-rep-barbara-lee-fires-back-at-o%E2%80%99reilly-for-calling-her-a-race-hustler/ “These race hustlers mak…

Started by matthew greenberg

24 Mar 28
Reply by Michael Penn

ACA not well understood

The Atlantic has an interesting article on the degree to which people understand the provisions of the Affordable Care Act. The numbers are…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

3 Mar 26
Reply by W. De Greef

Organized Crime involved in Ukraine snatch

The Mafia Ruling Ukraine’s Mobs Jamie Dettmer at The Daily Beast claims that organized crime is heavily involved in the Crimean takeover. I…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

1 Mar 24
Reply by Michael Penn

Paul Ryan, Charles Murray, and the Libertarian philosophy

Paul Ryan is being quoted around the blogosphere saying that we have a culture problem: inner city men are not devoted to the work ethic: h…

10 Mar 16
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Wall Street bonuses and minimum wage workers

This is a case of comparing apples and oranges I realize, but still the comparison is effective in the discussion of raising the minimum wa…

0 Mar 13

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service