Politics (1,491)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do Atheists Hate Gays?

Survey: Do you know of any atheists who oppose gay marriage? If so, I would like to know why. Gay marriage has always been a religious issu…

Started by Alex dePalm

285 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by Alex dePalm

Why our government calls upon us to pledge allegiance to the republic "under God"

The government's addition of the words "under God" to the pledge of allegiance in 1954 was a mistake, which should be corrected. Under the…

Started by David Ivester

14 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by David Ivester

Um soo, question

Has the patriot act been repealed yet?

Started by Jay

9 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by Jo Jerome

Imperial Presidency Can Now Promote Religion

I don't know how many of you came into contact with this, and if there is already a discussion in here about this in specific, then I apolo…

Started by Langston

0 Aug 4, 2009

Obama attacks families?

My brother in law forwarded me a petition from Focus on the Family. In this, they are angry with President Obama for "attacking the family"…

Started by Kitty

1 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Langston

Dick Armey: God Created Earth So It's Pretentious to Claim There's Global Warming

Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-TX) appeared as a witness for the Republican bicameral hearing on climate change legislation yes…

Started by James M. Martin

5 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by James M. Martin

Countdown health care.

Have a look at this; he sure hit the naul on the head...Yhis is why nothing is accomplished to benefit the American people in the USA..Big…

Started by Goz

0 Aug 4, 2009

Free Thinkers, Free Spirits, Free Loaders

This may topic may belong in Ethics and Morals but it more often ends up as a political discussion. I am thinking it is a meta-political co…

Started by Jim Mo.

0 Aug 2, 2009

Angela Davis

Associated Press, August 16, 1970. San Rafael, Calif. Aug. 15 Angela Davis, a controversial former college philosophy instructor was sough…

Started by stephen eric billinghurst

1 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Carlos Guerra

Obama's NIH Director Pick Challenges Atheists

The most important thing that an NIH director can acknowledge is that there is no proof of a God. Suggesting that this non-existent "God" h…

Started by Richard Ivan Cronkhite

7 Jul 28, 2009
Reply by Richard Ivan Cronkhite

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service