Philosophy (295)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

More on the Pixilated Roman Catholic Church

More on the Pixilated Roman Catholic Church Apart from being the prime mover of the most elaborate, spellbinding, scintillating forms…

Started by Anthony St. John

0 Jan 10

Why I love Pope Francis (and you should too)

i'm sure i'll take some heat from this, but i'm going to make my argument anyway.  there's a lot to like about the new Pontiff.  if you've…

Started by matthew greenberg

28 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by matthew greenberg

Gödel's Ontological Proof of the Existence of God

Kurt Gödel, the leading logician of the twentieth century, proved theorems in logic which astounded the mathematical community and changed…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

19 Dec 25, 2013
Reply by Luara

Elemental Epicureanism - contemporary Epicurean philosophers reinstate the teaching mission of the ancient Gardens

I am sharing this for the benefit of those who may be interested in acquainting themselves with the (true, not the imputed) teachings of Ep…

Started by Hiram

1 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

The Additional Power of Words

Here is one I have not seen discussed on this site. My boss and I were discussing my vacation time off and she wanted to know when I woul…

Started by Larry Taylor

6 Nov 26, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

Sam Harris Interviews Philosopher Paul Bloom on Origins of Good and Evil (Pssssst, Not "Man-Made")

www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-roots-of-good-and-evil

Started by James M. Martin

2 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by Luara

Where to start - Philosophy education

I am almost completely illiterate on the topic of philosophy and philosophers and I would like to change that. I of recognize the names but…

Started by Dawn K

70 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Samuel William Johnston

WARRANT FOR BELIEF

Many theologians and Christian apologists have recognized they cannot supply rational arguments or evidence for the existence of God. They…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

14 Nov 6, 2013
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Belief Kill and Belief Cure

Your beliefs control your life.  It can go no other way.  And the more deep rooted, your beliefs, the broader the extent of their control a…

Started by Tonnerre Young

1 Oct 28, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

Free Will. Do You Have a Choice?

Christopher Hitchens once averred that you don't.  Religionists claim that it is divinely endowed. Others claim that all are freelancers su…

Started by Christopher Lowe

188 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Matt--Lukin

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service