Philosophy (301)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Conduct of Life by Lewis Mumford

In 1951 Lewis Mumford published a book about what is lacking in modern life. He titled it The Conduct of Life and it was considered a major…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

2 Mar 28
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

a very moving article re: Malaysian Airlines missing jet

Why would a man, whose wife is one of the missing passengers, refuse a free trip to Kuala Lumpur, where he could wait for information? Cons…

Started by Christine

0 Mar 21

What if ...

Since I live in religious society, and they truly believe in the resurrection after death for the judgement day. Now I'm wondering what if…

Started by Masry

15 Mar 14

Encounter with a street preacher

Preacher:  Old man, have you been saved? Me: No, but I think that I've been well spent.

Started by Ted Foureagles

10 Feb 21
Reply by Acciaccatura G Major

Sumer Arc Instructions. Many Generations before Noah.

This is a cool story.  For some reason, it's making the rounds again, but was previously published 4 years ago. Cuneiform (Sumeran) tablet…

Started by Daniel W

16 Feb 1
Reply by Joan Denoo

How the Roman Catholic Church Sought to Brainwash Me into Hating WOmen

How the Roman Catholic Church Sought to Brainwash Me into Hating Women When I was a child—barely six or seven—there existed a wooden f…

Started by Anthony St. John

6 Jan 12
Reply by Anthony St. John

More on the Pixilated Roman Catholic Church

More on the Pixilated Roman Catholic Church Apart from being the prime mover of the most elaborate, spellbinding, scintillating forms…

Started by Anthony St. John

0 Jan 10

Why I love Pope Francis (and you should too)

i'm sure i'll take some heat from this, but i'm going to make my argument anyway.  there's a lot to like about the new Pontiff.  if you've…

Started by matthew greenberg

28 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by matthew greenberg

Gödel's Ontological Proof of the Existence of God

Kurt Gödel, the leading logician of the twentieth century, proved theorems in logic which astounded the mathematical community and changed…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

19 Dec 25, 2013
Reply by Luara

Elemental Epicureanism - contemporary Epicurean philosophers reinstate the teaching mission of the ancient Gardens

I am sharing this for the benefit of those who may be interested in acquainting themselves with the (true, not the imputed) teachings of Ep…

Started by Hiram

1 Dec 6, 2013

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Todd Crispin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
5 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
19 minutes ago
Profile IconTodd Crispin, Kristi H and Connor Galletly joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
23 minutes ago
Todd Crispin posted a status
"Sitting here eating sunflower seeds waiting for smart people to create a pill to make be skinny again....lol.."
26 minutes ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
35 minutes ago
Jimmy McCann replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
42 minutes ago
Todd Crispin replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
55 minutes ago
Mequa replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
1 hour ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
2 hours ago
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service