Philosophy (291)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When is a Victory Class Destroyer not the orginal Victory Class Destroyer?

Say you have a space ships from the Star Wars universe the Victory Class Destroyers: the Invincible and the Dominator, and for the sake of…

Started by Simon JM

0 Apr 28, 2009

Poll: What would have more effect?

Debating a theist the existence of a god, or debating a theist if their god is worth the devotion they give it? I take a look around me a…

Started by Brian

7 Apr 25, 2009
Reply by Brian

Anyone understand Tillich?

Hey, I need your help understanding Paul Tillich on "faith and historical skepticism". Some of the things he says are just really confusing…

Started by Dustin Sanders

3 Apr 24, 2009
Reply by David S

Existence of a god: a Matter of Science?

An acquaintance and myself have been arguing about the existence of universals. His argument is that a universal, such as the number two, i…

Started by James

18 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by muhammad amer

Paper: Immaterial Aspects of Thought

http://www.nd.edu/%7Eafreddos/courses/43151/ross-immateriality.pdf I am still reading through the rest of this paper, which tries to "prov…

Started by James

2 Apr 7, 2009
Reply by Polymath

Native American Agnostic speaks Regarding Youtube and Atheism

This was seminal in completing a lifelong study of human influence, social justice, prejudice and belief systems. I had an epiphany at the…

Started by John Redbear Jones-Keiser

11 Apr 4, 2009
Reply by John Redbear Jones-Keiser

Philosophical Arguments for Existence of a god

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics-more/20_arguments-gods-existence.htm#3 Having found nothing in the way of evidence for gods, I am now tu…

Started by James

12 Mar 29, 2009
Reply by David S

Global alert: Belief vs. Fact, the difference is no contest!

Global alert: Belief vs. Fact, the difference is no contest! Claiming you believe something or someone is claiming you really are not sure…

Started by David Jeffrey Spetch

0 Mar 18, 2009

Ontology and Identity

Hi, Just a quick survey regarding what you think your Ontological/essential nature is from the various accounts on Identity/Perosnal Identi…

Started by Simon JM

40 Mar 11, 2009
Reply by Simon JM

Sense and Goodness Without God: A Defense of Metaphysical Naturalism

I've started reading Sense and Goodness Without God: A Defense of Metaphysical Naturalism by Richard Carrier. Very enjoyable so far. I thin…

Started by Nate

1 Mar 2, 2009
Reply by Nate

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service