Philosophy (302)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nietzsche for Dummies

A TV sports report about a local baseball team's failure to win in the play-offs upstate brought to mind the writings of Nietzsche. One of…

Started by James M. Martin

56 Aug 11, 2009
Reply by Jordan Morris

The existence of Mathematics, Numbers and Concepts

Alright everyone I hope you are as interested in this topic as I am. Back in high-school I was working with a very long and boring problem…

Started by Derek Schrock

3 Aug 10, 2009
Reply by Mike

"You don't always get what you want...

... But if you try sometimes, you get what you need." I've lately been hearing this sort of thing from friends a lot. My life kinda turned…

Started by Mel

5 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Anette

End or no end?

One facet of non-belief still leaves me puzzled. No one has discussed this before, at least I have not seen it. The two terrifying aspects…

Started by Friend of Dorothy

15 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Nate

Cooperation

The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation.- Bertrand Russell Reading the discussion Spanish(http://atheistnexus.org/forum/top

Started by Nate

5 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by Nate

Is anything good or bad?

Personally, I think that there's no such thing as good or bad; the human mind is a human mind, the human body is a human body, emotions are…

Started by Invader Kap

26 Jul 9, 2009
Reply by Anette

Why does a disagreement in perception lead people to seek solace in hate?

I've been on almost every conceivable side of the religion argument at some point throughout my lifetime. Currently I have come to the conc…

Started by kj

59 Jul 7, 2009
Reply by kj

God of the Gaps

I realize that the "God of the Gaps" fallacy is based in delusion, but it is hard to argue against. Aside of Occams razor, I really can't c…

Started by mthoreau

35 Jul 6, 2009
Reply by Rev Hellbound Alleee

Is the concept of intent an illusion or construct?

It seems that, if you believe in god, that all intent stems from that 'being' ... but where does this god get intent? That paradox is the '…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

2 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

NO! We can't just get along!

Has anyone here had any experience with "spiritual not religious" theists? They always try to make the argument that there really isn't any…

Started by mthoreau

46 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by kj

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service