Philosophy (295)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to be a religious apologist

In discussions in my philosophy class, we are sometimes encouraged to take on the role of apologist for various religions. I find it quite…

Started by James

7 Sep 29, 2009
Reply by James

Hip Hop (as civilization) bible, gospel of.. - KRS One

Stand aside Christianity, Islam and Judaism, a new rap religion is set to take over the world and KRS-One is its prophet http://www.gu

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Sep 21, 2009

Sure enough, it's the skinhead with the manson-like cross...

Great little movie I caught the tail-end of. Same actor from Snatch w/Brad Pitt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OdST06BLes I'm impressed.…

0 Sep 19, 2009

When is it okay to believe in a Religion?

From evangelical christians (I refuse to capitalize it) to intelligent Deists, there are a wide variety of religions with their own sets of…

Started by James

27 Sep 18, 2009
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Argel Fargel

I was attending a discussion with a panel of religouse leaders from a bunch of diferent religions. I asked them a simple question, or not…

Started by Sean

5 Sep 18, 2009
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Man vs. god, wall street journal article_life and style?

Funny, life vs. style... man vs. god or, ah just read if you like this crap anymore; it's all about education and money jobs and reality k…

0 Sep 17, 2009

Transhumanism (using technology to improve humanity)

I am posting this discussion to find out how you would answer the following question Transhumanism what do you think 1) Great idea were do…

Started by David Lee Halle II

39 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by David Lee Halle II

Pretension is keeping reality at arm's length

Inspired by a comment exchange in Linguaphiles & Sesquipedalians I realized that the nature of the sensation of others being pretentiou…

Started by Jared Lardo

2 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by David

Just curious??

I am what I consider myself as a philosopher to a small extent, I personally am just seeing if there is anyone out there that is a member o…

Started by Trenchcoat

5 Aug 29, 2009
Reply by Trenchcoat

disastrous philosophy lecture

This is a rant - and I apologise in advance. I enrolled in a new course provided at my university called "philosophy of religion". This cou…

Started by beautifully barren

10 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Sarah Robot

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service