Philosophy (291)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Imagination, dreams, illusions, delusions, cognitive-dissonance - are all causes and effects - so free will - even if it is an illusion, delusion, and/or etc. - has a cause and is effective.

Even in a deterministic view - calling free will an illusion does not negate it as a causal force. Therefore, it exists and interacts with…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

74 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

My view of "Free Will"

The mere though of it with change your perceptions of time, how you think, about time and you still never get to that certain point of nirv…

Started by Mike Liddy

29 Jan 8, 2010
Reply by LesYpersound

The Dunning–Kruger effect: Incompetence and the illusion of superiority

[This is a follow on from a blog post by Don Stevens and is also being discussed in NoNonsense] "The trouble with the world is that the st…

Started by Фелч Гроган

1 Jan 7, 2010
Reply by Freedom of Anonymity

And with extremism comes confusion. If fundies do dirt here, they do it abroad as well.

Maybe that rain (in the form of online intelligence) has finally come to clean up the mess which is why they're getting so viral these days…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jan 4, 2010

Why does there need to be racist atheism?

i see there is "Black Freethought" as one of the groups listed on the main page. is there something different about black freethought as op…

Started by desirefirst

160 Jan 4, 2010
Reply by Jorge Quinones

The iron in my hemoglobin was fused in a supernova ...

I am going to use the term 'material world' in this discussion. I am NOT suggesting there is some other world mostly because, if one did ex…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

6 Jan 1, 2010
Reply by Jaume

What's wrong with scientism?

In another thread, reference was made to some people's criticism of a position known as "scientism," and the statement was made that scient…

Started by Keith Brian Johnson

51 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Peter Brooks

Fine-Tuning Argument

The Fine-Tuning Argument for the Existence of God argues from the a priori colossal unlikelihood of a universe's physical constants' and na…

Started by Keith Brian Johnson

24 Dec 23, 2009
Reply by Peter Brooks

Nostradamus?

Ok so I understand the viewpoint of the majority of the Christian community is that nostradamus has correctly "guessed" the year in which "…

Started by Justin Xavius

15 Dec 18, 2009
Reply by Stephen Sherbett

0 is the middle number.

What is the middle number? Answer: 0

Started by Chris G

42 Dec 12, 2009
Reply by Jared Lardo

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service