Philosophy (294)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The dignity/value of the life of an atheist vs. that of the theist

I find that science is very spiritually fulfilling. Sometimes, the theist will complain that evolution tells us that we are "merely" animal…

Started by Objection

2 Mar 11, 2010
Reply by Eric

Argumentative

Do some argumentative people call themselves atheists just to maintain a contrarian persona even though they aren’t really atheists?

Started by Chris G

23 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Chris G

Fav über anti bible track/lyrics

What happened to you? You're not the same There's something in your head Made a violent change It's in your head Filler You call it relig…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Mar 3, 2010

You Kant Get Any Sillier Than This:

Does this mean that Nietzsche is peachy?

Started by Loren Miller

2 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

"the faith that truth will be revealed"

The one who has recognized the power of truth finds no need to prove it. When someone challenges the truth of what we are saying, our usual…

8 Feb 22, 2010
Reply by Jacob Gladden

Sex

I haven't seen a discussion post on sex, yet. What are your thoughts, as non-religious, on human sexuality? We are animals and are connecte…

Started by Brandy

23 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by Meggan Dominytus

A.B. Simpson said of he, "this daring blasphemer." named Robert G. Ingersoll

Maybe many of yooz already know of this historical figure in freethoughtland; I'm slow to the punch coming from an isolated education, but…

2 Feb 1, 2010
Reply by David Cortesi

If you see a difference, then please explain the difference between the ability to choose and free will.

I have noticed a tendency of many people to suggest that the ability to make a choice and the property or concept of free will are two diff…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

139 Feb 1, 2010
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

Is God math and Science his Prophet?

In a philosophical way I like to define god as math with science being his prophet. That tends to throw religionists out of orbit and open…

Started by Chris G

34 Feb 1, 2010
Reply by Roy The Infidel

Determinism in dreams

First, understand that, to me, materialism refers not to 'matter' as opposed to 'energy.' We know those are just two manifestations of the…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

7 Jan 30, 2010
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service