Philosophy (295)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Religion without Supernaturalism

The word religion comes from the Latin religare meaning to rebind.  It also has the suffix -ion which is a procedural.  So religion is lite…

Started by BilLee Miller

17 May 19, 2010
Reply by BilLee Miller

National security does not lie in the Bible, pay attention now.

Dave Silverman, Vice President and Communications Director for American Atheists, said that Palin's poorly-informed comments were a signal…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 May 17, 2010
Reply by Different Fred

Godel's belief in a personal god

Can anyone paraphrase Godel's position in regard to faith as it relates to his other ideas? His grave is ten minutes away in Princeton, he…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

15 May 9, 2010
Reply by Sigmund

Pigliucci anyone?

I've read in a book of his that ADHD may be associated with the formatting of the content on Sesame Street!? Heavy.

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 May 2, 2010
Reply by Tony Page

Does the future exist?

I'm not a physicist. If I weren't so lazy and I had unlimited time perhaps I would become one so I could answer a question that's been both…

Started by Tom Thompson

69 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by Arnold

Did Neanderthals have souls

I probably should have posted this in the comedy section.   I honestly don't know how anyone can be this deluded.  Even when I was a believ…

Started by Lisa

31 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by Ryan

Am I rational?

Is there a objective test or measure to separate the rational from the irrational? If not, we are victims of our confirmation bias, right?

Started by Cārvāka

20 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by Graeme

Dangit, my theist has a great idea. NOW What?

I've been following a string of video posts on youtube, vlogs?, about some not so great agency and their foibles (cps). And quickly along t…

Started by Russ S

0 Apr 20, 2010

When you lost your faith, did you lose any other deeply held beliefs?

When I challenged my belief in God and converted to an atheist, I didn't stop there.  I challenged several of my core beliefs, including my…

Started by LarryL

32 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by Jezzy

Teetotaling and Atheism

I imagine a lot of people here get drunk occasionally, and sometimes use drugs. As a person who has recently given up drinking (not an alco…

Started by ryan cameron

159 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by TNT666

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service