Philosophy (296)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Problem of Universals and Materialistic Atheism

For some time I have been having a discussion with someone about the problem of universals, and I have a hard time understanding why it is…

Started by James

74 Jul 27, 2010
Reply by Gary Connolly

Rise of the naturalists? "morality, you don’t rely upon revelation or metaphysics"

Naturalist, realists?http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/23/opinion/23brooks.htmlMoral naturalists, on the other hand, believe that we have mora…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jul 24, 2010

Religion vs Religious Persons

I've noticed, both here on A|N and elsewhere, what I consider to be an error of thinking. It happens often enough that I feel it important…

Started by Stephen Moore

36 Jul 17, 2010
Reply by Fabio

Nihilism - your thoughts

does a belief in nothing actually entail a conceptual reality / a belief in something? is it a positive philosophy, or does it have the abi…

Started by no0ne

27 Jul 16, 2010
Reply by Bradley Keene

Is it not just about a pusher's unrealistic expectations?

Is it not just about a pusher's unrealistic expectations?Folks, after watching a vidstream on Mexico's corruption and hard-drug power wars…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jul 10, 2010

How do you feel or see Transhumanism?

I'm a Transhumanist and I've been wondering about how poeple here think about it? Do you agree with it's goals or belief?

Started by Andrey

21 Jun 12, 2010
Reply by Jaume

The Ontological Argument

REFUTE IT I SAY! Kant uses big words, is anyone kind enough to refute it for me in simple terms? Thanks in advance!

Started by Marc Sacks

35 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Okie Tokie

How Atheists Deal With Death

My closest friend of 25 years is dying of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, lying in a hospice after she wisely refused chemo that could have k…

Started by James M. Martin

22 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by James M. Martin

Out of the mouths of kittens ...

Started by Howard S. Dunn

2 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by Randi Enochson

Pascal's Wager.

Pascal’s Wager, Oh yes. The Idea that it is somehow beneficial to ones life to spend countless time on ones knees talking with your mind to…

Started by Be Aware

10 Jun 2, 2010
Reply by nate

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service