Philosophy (300)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Weird Shit I Bet You Didn't Know, or if You Did You Never Told Me: No. 1: Marcella Hazan May Be in Hell

The late Marcella Hazan was an acknowledged expert, if not The Expert, on Italian cuisine made American. Her recipe for Ragu Bolognese (not…

Started by James M. Martin

4 Jul 28
Reply by James M. Martin

When the solution is simple, God is answering. - Albert Einstein

What do you guys think of this quote, and what do you think he really meant by it?

Started by Pandarius

8 Jul 24
Reply by Future

Good Book Study Group

I have created (I believe it's pending approval) a Good Book Study Group on this webpage, for the benefit of all the people who have A C Gr…

Started by Hiram

2 Jun 19
Reply by Michael Penn

Breaking Brad

7 Jun 15
Reply by Joan Denoo

A Rose by Any Name Would Smell as Sweet? Is Army’s New “Humanist” Designation Just Semantic Hooey?

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/elizabethdrescher/7817/is_army_s_new__humanist__designation_just_semantic_hooey

8 May 4
Reply by Joan Denoo

A Short Course in Logic

This is a very short course in logic for those who like to use the Socratic method in leading believers to see the falsity of theism. Even…

Started by Anthony Jordan

75 Apr 16
Reply by Luara

My Philosophy

Over the past few years, I have formulated my philosophy of life, a 13-page document that may be found at either of the following links:htt…

Started by Philo Sofer

11 Apr 12
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

The myth of the incompatibility of science and religion

One of the questions in the survey about non-believers joining or not joining groups asked about whether science and religion were compatib…

Started by ME

116 Apr 8
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

"Noah" Versus Kitschy Jesus Pix: What Movie Did Justice to the Christian Myth

This discussion is in the "Philosophy" category because I often write within the aesthetic aspect of that general area. I also believe aest…

0 Apr 5

The Conduct of Life by Lewis Mumford

In 1951 Lewis Mumford published a book about what is lacking in modern life. He titled it The Conduct of Life and it was considered a major…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

2 Mar 28
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service