Philosophy (294)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My Philosophy

Over the past few years, I have formulated my philosophy of life, a 13-page document that may be found at either of the following links:htt…

Started by Philo Sofer

11 Apr 12
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

The myth of the incompatibility of science and religion

One of the questions in the survey about non-believers joining or not joining groups asked about whether science and religion were compatib…

Started by ME

116 Apr 8
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

"Noah" Versus Kitschy Jesus Pix: What Movie Did Justice to the Christian Myth

This discussion is in the "Philosophy" category because I often write within the aesthetic aspect of that general area. I also believe aest…

Started by James M. Martin

0 Apr 5

The Conduct of Life by Lewis Mumford

In 1951 Lewis Mumford published a book about what is lacking in modern life. He titled it The Conduct of Life and it was considered a major…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

2 Mar 28
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

a very moving article re: Malaysian Airlines missing jet

Why would a man, whose wife is one of the missing passengers, refuse a free trip to Kuala Lumpur, where he could wait for information? Cons…

Started by Christine

0 Mar 21

What if ...

Since I live in religious society, and they truly believe in the resurrection after death for the judgement day. Now I'm wondering what if…

Started by Masry

15 Mar 14
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Encounter with a street preacher

Preacher:  Old man, have you been saved? Me: No, but I think that I've been well spent.

Started by Ted Foureagles

10 Feb 21
Reply by Acciaccatura G Major

Sumer Arc Instructions. Many Generations before Noah.

This is a cool story.  For some reason, it's making the rounds again, but was previously published 4 years ago. Cuneiform (Sumeran) tablet…

Started by Sentient Biped

16 Feb 1
Reply by Joan Denoo

How the Roman Catholic Church Sought to Brainwash Me into Hating WOmen

How the Roman Catholic Church Sought to Brainwash Me into Hating Women When I was a child—barely six or seven—there existed a wooden f…

Started by Anthony St. John

6 Jan 12
Reply by Anthony St. John

More on the Pixilated Roman Catholic Church

More on the Pixilated Roman Catholic Church Apart from being the prime mover of the most elaborate, spellbinding, scintillating forms…

Started by Anthony St. John

0 Jan 10

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service