Atheist Nexus Logo

Philosophy (305)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I pose a challenge to all nontheists!

Please read my blog: How old is religion? by TrekJunky before denouncing my challenge.   Here is my challenge: Please give your best answer…

Started by AtheistTech

2 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by AtheistTech

New atheists don't understand philosophy

Well, according to Michael Ruse, any way. Can any qualified philosophers comment? I found the philosophical arguments in TGD and God is no…

Started by lol mahmood

42 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by Kamboja Tan

Can we choose what we believe in?

This question of if we have choice in our beliefs is old and well worn, yet I think still worth consideration and discussion.  If it has al…

Started by Gary Burk

4 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Gary Burk

The Jeffersonian Model of dealing with people

I've been trying to think of a new way of dealing with people. The "don't be a dick" model is a little vague while being fantastically simp…

Started by Louis

4 Dec 5, 2010
Reply by Michael Black

Non-theism and Advaita philosophy

As a critical philosopher I was eventually inspired to study Indian philosophy, and subsequently Indian religion - especially various forms…

Started by Robert Crichton Priddy

27 Dec 4, 2010
Reply by Robert Crichton Priddy

How to be Evil?

I've recently decided that to be remembered after my death, I will become an Evil, Evil person.  So my question to AN is, what should my tr…

Started by Park Bierbower

8 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Noah Petersen

And where are the domestic anti-fascist troops? Need not look further folks!

My philosophy, rooted in music, the feared influence of many a dictator.http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/hma"...when we fight each other i…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Nov 26, 2010

Humanism?

Hey guys,    So I got to thinking, like I usually do, about the [depressing] state of our existence in general.  I assume many people on AN…

Started by Park Bierbower

5 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Louis

"Communing" with God?

What do you think of people who say they can or want to "commune" with God?  Do you think it is possible?  What do you think of people who…

Started by New Atheist

11 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Joseph P

Debate On Religion

There are few places where one can openly discuss religion without fear of being rebuked. Personally I think this:My Current view on Religi…

Started by Charles Anthony Chaloupka

0 Nov 18, 2010

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service