Atheist Nexus Logo

Philosophy (309)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

philosophy experiments

a friend recently directed my attention towards this website which i found to be quite interesting.     and well, i wanted to share it. i h…

Started by Hidden in the crowd.

1 Mar 3, 2011
Reply by John D

Philosophic suggested reading?

As one of those knowledge sponges I was wondering if anybody had some recommend reading, so far under my belt I've read most of European ph…

Started by Leon

14 Feb 20, 2011
Reply by Keith Sewell

Axiomatical Argument for the Non-Existence of God by Zephyrous

Christians often proclaim that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three different manifestations of the same entity. They attempt to conve…

Started by Zephyrous

1 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by John Camilli

Post-Foundationalism???

Hey, have any of you heard of this? It seems like a poor attempt to say "reality is whatever I want it to be." At the same time he tries to…

Started by Dustin Sanders

2 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by Jacob Gladden

I pose a challenge to all nontheists!

Please read my blog: How old is religion? by TrekJunky before denouncing my challenge.   Here is my challenge: Please give your best answer…

Started by AtheistTech

2 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by AtheistTech

New atheists don't understand philosophy

Well, according to Michael Ruse, any way. Can any qualified philosophers comment? I found the philosophical arguments in TGD and God is no…

Started by lol mahmood

42 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by Kamboja Tan

Can we choose what we believe in?

This question of if we have choice in our beliefs is old and well worn, yet I think still worth consideration and discussion.  If it has al…

Started by Gary Burk

4 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Gary Burk

The Jeffersonian Model of dealing with people

I've been trying to think of a new way of dealing with people. The "don't be a dick" model is a little vague while being fantastically simp…

Started by Louis

4 Dec 5, 2010
Reply by Michael Black

Non-theism and Advaita philosophy

As a critical philosopher I was eventually inspired to study Indian philosophy, and subsequently Indian religion - especially various forms…

Started by Robert Crichton Priddy

27 Dec 4, 2010
Reply by Robert Crichton Priddy

How to be Evil?

I've recently decided that to be remembered after my death, I will become an Evil, Evil person.  So my question to AN is, what should my tr…

Started by Park Bierbower

8 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Noah Petersen

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service