Philosophy (302)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Non-theism and Advaita philosophy

As a critical philosopher I was eventually inspired to study Indian philosophy, and subsequently Indian religion - especially various forms…

Started by Robert Crichton Priddy

27 Dec 4, 2010
Reply by Robert Crichton Priddy

How to be Evil?

I've recently decided that to be remembered after my death, I will become an Evil, Evil person.  So my question to AN is, what should my tr…

Started by Park Bierbower

8 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Noah Petersen

And where are the domestic anti-fascist troops? Need not look further folks!

My philosophy, rooted in music, the feared influence of many a dictator.http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/hma"...when we fight each other i…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Nov 26, 2010

Humanism?

Hey guys,    So I got to thinking, like I usually do, about the [depressing] state of our existence in general.  I assume many people on AN…

5 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Louis

"Communing" with God?

What do you think of people who say they can or want to "commune" with God?  Do you think it is possible?  What do you think of people who…

Started by New Atheist

11 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Joseph P

Debate On Religion

There are few places where one can openly discuss religion without fear of being rebuked. Personally I think this:My Current view on Religi…

Started by Charles Anthony Chaloupka

0 Nov 18, 2010

Is there a common, universal morality that transcends cultures?

Are there some cultures that can be termed as immoral, or amoral, and is there a level of morality that can be quantitatively discerned?

24 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Hidden in the crowd.

Morally wrong for a prophet to exist?

I have always wondered what other people's thoughts on this would be. I ask you to accept that a god exists for the sake of the arguement.…

Started by Terry McCoy

11 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by Park Bierbower

Subsidizing 'god' is voluntary ignorance. ~

God speaks for nobody.Nobody speaks for god.God subsidizes ignorance and in manipulated from youth scenarios, fear of the unknown or unimag…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Oct 30, 2010

Suicide

A month or so ago one of the guys at my workplace commited suicide.  They had a ceremony that talked about him and his life and the usual f…

Started by Noah Petersen

10 Oct 28, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Hancock

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service