Philosophy (296)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is there a common, universal morality that transcends cultures?

Are there some cultures that can be termed as immoral, or amoral, and is there a level of morality that can be quantitatively discerned?

Started by Park Bierbower

24 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Hidden in the crowd.

Morally wrong for a prophet to exist?

I have always wondered what other people's thoughts on this would be. I ask you to accept that a god exists for the sake of the arguement.…

Started by Terry McCoy

11 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by Park Bierbower

Subsidizing 'god' is voluntary ignorance. ~

God speaks for nobody.Nobody speaks for god.God subsidizes ignorance and in manipulated from youth scenarios, fear of the unknown or unimag…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Oct 30, 2010

Suicide

A month or so ago one of the guys at my workplace commited suicide.  They had a ceremony that talked about him and his life and the usual f…

Started by Noah Petersen

10 Oct 28, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Hancock

Thrive or just survive?

I've noticed in at least a few A/N posts people mentioning that there is a difference between surviving and thriving. No one has stated wha…

Started by Jacob Gladden

3 Oct 17, 2010
Reply by Stephen Moore

What Is Chivalry, And Why Should We Care?

I'm going to apologize in advance-- I'm not nearly as eloquent as many of you. I'm one of your younger, sillier Atheists. I hope though tha…

Started by Jezzy

126 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Park Bierbower

One Nutty Floridian, Hitchens, and Christeranity

Is there something freaky about the probably coincidental appearance of that Anglo-Saxon nut job preaching Christian hate and planning Nazi…

Started by James M. Martin

7 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by John D

progress, science and "one god"

This particular thread could have gone in the science one as well, I suppose, but it ended up here.  This is something I read today in Poul…

Started by Sandra Stott

3 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by John D

God has trouble with infinity

God is usually referred to in infinite terms. God is all-powerful, which can be interpreted as infinately powerful as no matter how much po…

Started by Gary Connolly

9 Sep 4, 2010
Reply by Gary Connolly

The three great O's Omniscience,omniprensence and omnipotent.

Fellow atheist I have been trying to get this of my chest for a while take into consideration I'm writing from a mobil device and my spelli…

Started by Apollo the judge

3 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Apollo the judge

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

John Jubinsky liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god
2 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man liked Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Punk Rock Anarchiste Français (écoutez la musique)
3 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
3 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion How to Have Your Fake and Beat it, Too: Atheists Refused Right to Give Invocation in the group Atheism & the Law
25 minutes ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
36 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to MattyLJ's discussion Are you clean and organized?
44 minutes ago
Freethinker31 posted a discussion
48 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion How to Have Your Fake and Beat it, Too: Atheists Refused Right to Give Invocation in the group Atheism & the Law
56 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
57 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion How to Have Your Fake and Beat it, Too: Atheists Refused Right to Give Invocation in the group Atheism & the Law
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Chimp-on-chimp murder. Humans are not the only violent species.
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service