Family and Community (547)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gary Greenberg- Manufacturing Depression: The Secret History, Modern Disease

Nice focus study. Demoralization, boy have I heard what being demoralized can do and has done... http://www.democracynow.org/2010/3/1/gary

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Mar 2, 2010

Good Without God

I want to read up on, and later write about non-believers, and atheist/humanist organizations known for charitable acts. I recall coming ac…

Started by Creature

0 Mar 1, 2010

Congo: no social cohesion any longer, there is no sense of community, no sense of family

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8530000/8530686.stm"This is a country where is no social cohesion any longer, there is no sense…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Feb 27, 2010

Educational toys for tots

I have 2 young nephews (8 and 10), children of my religious sister, whose birthdays are coming up. Last year I shopped around on Amazon and…

Started by Tom Thompson

0 Feb 26, 2010

Non-scripture - the black hole.

Hi all,   My only child is starting in Kindergarten this year and perusing the school's information book I came upon this jolly little desc…

Started by Limber Lightfoot

15 Feb 24, 2010
Reply by Limber Lightfoot

What is the religion of your parents?

My father (RIP) was catholic and my mother is catholic.

Started by petiso

67 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Allen D. Berrios

Faith Based Murder?

Here in Butte County California we are dealing with a horrible story. A couple in Paradise CA allegedly killed one adopted child and seriou…

Started by Gold Guy

25 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Nicole

Religious coworker

Hey, name's George. I'm new here and have a bit of a quandary.So, this coworker of mine has seemingly taken up the challenge of "saving my…

Started by George Tuttle

11 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

How can we support each other beyond borders

Yes indeed,how can we support each other beyond borders is a real question for people like me who have recently embraced atheism and are in…

Started by Garfield Sakala

9 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by Garfield Sakala

What Part of Xtian Culture do you Miss the Most?

Deconverts: What part of Christian culture do you miss the most? Is there a worship song or hymn you find yourself humming? Do you ever get…

Started by Christine Vyrnon

29 Feb 16, 2010
Reply by Tom Thompson

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service