Family and Community (528)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Westboro Baptist Church Patriarch Fred Phelps Near Death

This via Hemant Mehta's site "Friendly Athiest   Not a lot to add to the story.  Some sites discuss picketing Phelps' funeral, when it happ…

Started by Sentient Biped

24 Mar 22
Reply by Joan Denoo

Inoculating children against religion

Hi everyone, this is my first discussion here. Pleased to meet you all! I'm a father of two young kids. The older one is in early grade sc…

Started by B Fletcher

16 Mar 21
Reply by Michael Penn

Family Crisis

My husband and I are in shock. We got a call from his grown and father of four son last week.  They had some news for us....  It's hard to…

Started by Sharon Robinson

15 Mar 20
Reply by Travis Hedglin

Do I need therapy?

Hi all! I'm new here, this is my first post. So, a problem I've been dealing with is that fairly often I find myself unable to stop thinkin…

Started by Diane Brackett

24 Mar 20
Reply by Travis Hedglin

Religious Posting at middle school

Question for the community: I was recently at my son's 6th grade public school and I came across the following sign posted in the hallway.…

Started by Chris

36 Mar 20
Reply by Travis Hedglin

Dateline identity theft investigation

Dateline did an year-long investigation of an information theft ring.  Their tactics were quite elaborate, it was like a spiderweb spread o…

Started by Luara

0 Mar 13

My ten year old's library book gave me a coronary

When I checked my 4th grader's school work today I was mortified at the sight of his AR book. It has a picture of a cute smiling boy and th…

Started by roland707

19 Mar 12
Reply by Pat

This really gave me a chuckle

Homeowners Angered at Prospect of Having to Pay for Church Repairs An archaic law left over from the reign of Henry VIII has caused anger i…

Started by Patricia

5 Mar 5
Reply by Sentient Biped

The trials of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito

Here is a petition to protect Amanda Knox from extradition to Italy. A short summary of the miscarriage of justice perpetrated against Aman…

Started by Luara

3 Feb 12
Reply by Michael Penn

1/15/14- a milestone day?

This morning, I opened a card from my Born Again mother-in-law. She has a habit of writing lots of letters, which is not so bad in theory,…

Started by Christine

15 Jan 30
Reply by Christine

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service