Atheist Nexus Logo

Family and Community (567)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Family Values

Right Wing Republicans  always  say they are the party  for Family Values........It is  a code word against  Gay Families, Abortion Rights,…

Started by Freethinker31

60 Sep 23, 2014
Reply by Plinius

How do you deal with being disliked / hated?

This is one of many things that I handled better when I was younger. When I was in high school, I didn't give a rat's ass what anyone thoug…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

48 Sep 22, 2014
Reply by Freethinker31

The Walk of Shame. In honor of Barbara's new dog.

We get the walk of shame when I say "do you want a bath?" but never on "Who stole the pizza from the countertop?"

Started by Daniel W

13 Sep 10, 2014
Reply by Luara

Isolation and Depression

I did a forum search and was surprised to not find any recent threads touching on this topic. I am new to this site, and a big part of what…

Started by Ryan Sikorski

58 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Steve

Preparing to Come Out

My husband and I both became atheists at the same time. We had been studying apologetics and reading the "New Atheist" books trying to find…

Started by Morgan West

18 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

Feeling conflicted

I'm not sure how to feel, and so am conflicted.  Yesterday my brother was baptized into the Catholic church.  On the one hand, he's 31, and…

Started by That lady over there

7 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

Discouraged: just got back from chorus practice

I haven't sung in the local community chorus for a few years. I decided to re-join this semester, but after tonight, I'm seriously re-think…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

19 Aug 29, 2014
Reply by Luara

How to identify a narcissist

One simple question: To what extent do you agree with this statement: "I am a narcissist"? (Note: The word "narcissist" means egotistical,…

Started by Luara

8 Aug 21, 2014
Reply by Idaho Spud

ISIS apparently beheaded James Foley

See http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/meast/isis-james-foley/  American journalist.  The video was briefly on Youtube. 

Started by Luara

11 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by The Flying Atheist

Allergies and the police

I have a very VERY sensitive dog allergy.  I've gotten sick for 5 days because I was downwind from a dog in a car 50 feet away from me.  I…

Started by Luara

14 Aug 19, 2014
Reply by Luara

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service