Family and Community (532)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bigoted Family Values: The Return of the Duck Dumbnasty Clan of Rotting Minds, a Lust for Fatty Water Fowl, and Ongoing Homophobia Based on Booblical Injunctions

They're baaaaaaaaaaaaack! For a new season, the Duck Dumbnasty. And according to the media, quoting them as saying, they "believe what the…

Started by James M. Martin

3 Mar 26
Reply by Sentient Biped

Spring, wherever

This morning on the outskirts of Pumpkintown, SC on the fringes of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we had a light drizzle with the occasional sno…

Started by Ted Foureagles

5 Mar 26
Reply by Michael Penn

Lies my teacher told me:

My 10 year old nephew came over to the trailer tonight for help in researching his presentation for 4th grade American History.  The subjec…

Started by Ted Foureagles

10 Mar 25
Reply by Anthony Jordan

Awesome older brains.

I work with people of all ages, but especially with folks in their 70s, 80s, 90s.  Sometimes I comment, on those occasions that I work with…

Started by Sentient Biped

4 Mar 23
Reply by Luara

Westboro Baptist Church Patriarch Fred Phelps Near Death

This via Hemant Mehta's site "Friendly Athiest   Not a lot to add to the story.  Some sites discuss picketing Phelps' funeral, when it happ…

Started by Sentient Biped

24 Mar 22
Reply by Joan Denoo

Inoculating children against religion

Hi everyone, this is my first discussion here. Pleased to meet you all! I'm a father of two young kids. The older one is in early grade sc…

Started by B Fletcher

16 Mar 21
Reply by Michael Penn

Family Crisis

My husband and I are in shock. We got a call from his grown and father of four son last week.  They had some news for us....  It's hard to…

Started by Sharon Robinson

15 Mar 20
Reply by Travis Hedglin

Do I need therapy?

Hi all! I'm new here, this is my first post. So, a problem I've been dealing with is that fairly often I find myself unable to stop thinkin…

Started by Diane Brackett

24 Mar 20
Reply by Travis Hedglin

Religious Posting at middle school

Question for the community: I was recently at my son's 6th grade public school and I came across the following sign posted in the hallway.…

Started by Chris

36 Mar 20
Reply by Travis Hedglin

Dateline identity theft investigation

Dateline did an year-long investigation of an information theft ring.  Their tactics were quite elaborate, it was like a spiderweb spread o…

Started by Luara

0 Mar 13

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service