Family and Community (542)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lost my Aunt yesterday to breast cancer.

I got the call from my dad that I was dreading.  My Aunt Linda had passed away yesterday after a three year battle with an aggressive form…

Started by Janelle Campbell

4 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Janelle Campbell

Setting the Agenda: 30th Anniversary of CSH and Free Inquiry Magazine

I got this in my email today and thought people here would be interested. The Council for Secular Humanism's sold-out 30th Anniversary Conf…

Started by Sarah Walton

0 Oct 8, 2010

Great Disappointment Day

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this sort of thing. If not, I ask the moderators to please kindly move it to where it should…

Started by the antithesis

3 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by proto-dan

medical science

The continual evolving of the sciences is marvelous!  My husband had his first massive heart attack in 1988, at age 43, but managed to get…

Started by Patricia

2 Oct 3, 2010
Reply by Patricia

Prayers Before Sporting Events

We have a Local Preacher who wants to say a prayer with the whole football team on the field before a big cross town rivalry with a full st…

Started by Scott Renno

12 Sep 30, 2010
Reply by Pat

Ideas for group events

This goes under "community" because I can't think of a better place for it. A friend and I recently split the leadership responsibilities o…

Started by Arynn

7 Sep 29, 2010
Reply by Goz

Social support for atheists?

I am working on my 6-volume book, "Supernatural Hypocrisy: The Cognitive Dissonance of a God Cosmology" (due out by the end of the year), a…

Started by Kelli Jae Baeli

2 Sep 29, 2010
Reply by Goz

Amarillo Unitarian Universalist Fellowship TX representing!

http://www.staplenews.com/home/2010/9/13/quran-burning-fail-skateboarder-foils-extremist.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5qCK2c-ZvQThe

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Sep 15, 2010

Being hated for being a "rockabilly/greaser atheist"

i was wondering if anyone on here who is young and lives in an urban "hood" and happens to be totally different. i mean in the city im from…

Started by michael piusinski

8 Sep 1, 2010
Reply by Rachelle Smith

The rant of an atheist, and the value of our beloved.

I am a free thinker.  I was born into a family and raised along side of my brother, with both my mother and my father.  All three of them a…

Started by Thomas Charles Hudson

2 Sep 1, 2010
Reply by Rachelle Smith

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service