Family and Community (547)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to tell family that your'e an atheist?

Hope this is in the right forum but I have been battling this the last 4 years and it's wearing me down, I'm 24. Well just to give some bac…

Started by Michael

15 Oct 21, 2010
Reply by Maia Rodriguez

Atheist James Doyle murdered in Iowa, belief blamed.

16-year-old James Doyle was shot in the chest by 14-year-old Daniel Nadler on June 27, 2010. Doyle was an Atheist, Nadler a Christian. They…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

3 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by Sean A.

OMG: Ken Ham & children

I am so .....wow.  I just have to share this with somebody before my head explodes.I was listening to chariots of iron podcast today &…

Started by Ann Pollitt

5 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by Grace Fitzpatrick

Religious superiority in the workplace

I had to post this after my husband told me about it because I'm still steaming a day later.  My husband works in a hospital laboratory and…

Started by Janelle Campbell

13 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by Janelle Campbell

Parents. People. Expose your 'different' kids to good punk rock.

With all the lame corporate-rightwing friendly pop music going around...review the hardcore punk rock, real deal anti-fascist movement musi…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

3 Oct 14, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Lost my Aunt yesterday to breast cancer.

I got the call from my dad that I was dreading.  My Aunt Linda had passed away yesterday after a three year battle with an aggressive form…

Started by Janelle Campbell

4 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Janelle Campbell

Setting the Agenda: 30th Anniversary of CSH and Free Inquiry Magazine

I got this in my email today and thought people here would be interested. The Council for Secular Humanism's sold-out 30th Anniversary Conf…

Started by Sarah Walton

0 Oct 8, 2010

Great Disappointment Day

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this sort of thing. If not, I ask the moderators to please kindly move it to where it should…

Started by the antithesis

3 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by proto-dan

medical science

The continual evolving of the sciences is marvelous!  My husband had his first massive heart attack in 1988, at age 43, but managed to get…

Started by Patricia

2 Oct 3, 2010
Reply by Patricia

Prayers Before Sporting Events

We have a Local Preacher who wants to say a prayer with the whole football team on the field before a big cross town rivalry with a full st…

Started by Scott Renno

12 Sep 30, 2010
Reply by Pat

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service