Family and Community (536)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Needing advice about friend's child

I am really bothered by the amount of Jesus spewing forth from my friend's two year old. They go to a Community of Christ Church on sundays…

Started by AletheaT

5 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by Navin Johnson

At last, a human right affirmed in the U.S.A.!

This isn't really a discussion topic, but I don't know where else to put it; and we are, after all, one large community, are we not?  At la…

Started by Keith Brian Johnson

6 Dec 25, 2010
Reply by Scott

Anyone in Silicon Valley/Active with HCSV?

I know there are a number of AN users who are in the Bay Area, and probably more than a few are in Silicon Valley. Are any of you active wi…

Started by Sarah Walton

0 Dec 11, 2010

Buffalo, NY Atheist/Skeptic meet-up

I'm hoping to find a place/time for Atheists in Buffalo to meet up.  Anyone interested?

Started by GabrielAmerican

4 Dec 10, 2010
Reply by Azure Thorne

A joyous holiday season?

I'm still a newbie to group, but recently, my husband and I discussed the way we celebrate the holidays, and I thought it would be interest…

Started by Laura Taylor

2 Dec 7, 2010
Reply by John D

How Has Becoming an Atheist Affected Your Experience of the Holidays?

I got to thinking, while decorating my house for the holidays tonight.  Here I am, with my second child on the way, putting up Christmas tr…

Started by Maia Rodriguez

59 Dec 4, 2010
Reply by Super fluid

My wife needs church, I don't

I am born atheist/agnostic but my wife was raised a baptist and while she recently accepted that she's not really a christian any more than…

Started by Bee Cause

8 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Maia Rodriguez

Picking up YOUR KIDS for sunday school without you knowing! (Legal Advise Please)

Here is a post that a friend of mine made on Facebook..."I was abruptly awoke by my children, because "the man from the church is here to p…

Started by Josh Grubb

21 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Super fluid

When secular friends fall victim to Woo.

One of my close friends who's always been pretty solid in his thinking, and is an atheist saw one of those crappy shows on the history chan…

Started by Patrick Niblock

29 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Super fluid

Cancer - God testing one's faith...steam coming out of my ears

Arg, uga uha umph (cyber sounds of my frustraton).   Yesterday while drivng I was listening to to a talk show host who I occasionally liste…

Started by Linda

18 Nov 25, 2010
Reply by Brad Proctor

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service