Family and Community (542)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Eat smart?

Now a 'because I care' PSA:veggies over starchfruit yet more berries; cherries anti-inflammationfish - oil your brain up....meat - grass fe…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

6 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Bringing in unknown relative--too pushy?

I have an interesting dilemma with kin-folks. I have a grandson and two nieces that don't know that I exist. I am about to change that beca…

Started by Donald R Barbera

2 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Ken Thompson

Best way to deal with religious bullying in public school?

Since we moved to Texas 4 months ago, my second grade son has been complaining increasingly of being bullied for not being Christian.  He's…

Started by Iva Viddal

35 Feb 15, 2011
Reply by Free Thinker Kemp

Mendelssohn’s Elijah: Why can’t we sing it in German?

This is a blog post from Atheist in FundyLand. I thought it actually might get more reads here. ;) ____   As a classically-trained vocalist…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

2 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Gotta admit that Nerdcore is on the rise!

~ http://www.nerdcorenow.com/vb/content/230-Nerdcore-Now-Volume-1 200mb of beats n' stories; yeah it's hiphop in the end.

2 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

The Siege of Planned Parenthood. disgusting in so many ways...

wtf? As if women don't have enough to deal with in regards to justice, rights; funding from their tax dollars. There comes a point where 'f…

2 Feb 7, 2011
Reply by Susan Stanko

Favorite FB quotes

this one popped up on my wall today - Love it!  What is your favorite FB quote from the fundies?   I love my country! I thank God I was bor…

Started by LarryL

4 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by ETres

I can't sleep because tomorrow night is chorus practice and I'm not sure I want to go.

In order to keep some sort of peace in my life, I simply don't mention my atheism unless someone asks. This has the unfortunate consequence…

5 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Sam Jones

I can't stop being an ass to theists on Internet forums.

I recently had a run-in with an obnoxious theist on YouTube. Unfortunately, I descended to his level and resorted to ad hominem attacks. I…

14 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Atheist in FundyLand

Out of the mouths of babes.

I'm sure many of us have had those awkward moments dealing with Christian family members and I wanted to share an experience that happened…

Started by Janelle Campbell

4 Jan 14, 2011
Reply by Janelle Campbell

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service