Family and Community (549)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are my kids getting too much religion?

I'm an atheist married to a conservative religious person(baptist). I once was a religious nut myself. We have several children together. S…

Started by brian

43 Mar 9, 2011
Reply by brian

Religious gym dude wants to FB friend me

So there's this otherwise nice guy at my gym whom I sometimes bump into, and who sent me a Facebook friend request.   Do I add him and try…

Started by Dan Dascalescu

12 Mar 8, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Nicole

Mommy, don't atheists love America?

An article at Psychology Today:   Mommy, don't we love America?   Discusses families dealing with the Pledge of Allegiance and "under God."

Started by Dave Niose

7 Mar 6, 2011
Reply by Allen Uribes

Replied to a chain email today....

It was this one: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/n/nationaldayofprayer-obama.htm Does everyone else get this crap from credulous fam…

Started by Josh Nankivel

1 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by FreeThinker

Christian Couple and Adoption

I recently saw this story on the BBC.  A christian couple in England was denied the right to adopt because they admitted that they could no…

Started by BecaT

6 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by leveni

Need some opinions on how to deal with a relative.

A few hours ago I called my grandmother to wish her a happy birthday and near the end of that conversation she asked me if I still went to…

Started by Justin B

15 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by L. Olcott

my doctor and her opinion about faith

i consulted my doctor about my legs that have a rashes. i asked her if my depression is related to my dry skin and hair loss. at first, she…

Started by violet cleonstar

25 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Peter Cordel

Eat smart?

Now a 'because I care' PSA:veggies over starchfruit yet more berries; cherries anti-inflammationfish - oil your brain up....meat - grass fe…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

6 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Bringing in unknown relative--too pushy?

I have an interesting dilemma with kin-folks. I have a grandson and two nieces that don't know that I exist. I am about to change that beca…

Started by Donald R Barbera

2 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Ken Thompson

Best way to deal with religious bullying in public school?

Since we moved to Texas 4 months ago, my second grade son has been complaining increasingly of being bullied for not being Christian.  He's…

Started by Iva Viddal

35 Feb 15, 2011
Reply by Free Thinker Kemp

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service